Welcome Home CHATS RETURN September 5, 2019

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

Kenneth,

I agree that they are beautiful and as you predict they will sell out fast.  "Overpriced" seems to be a matter of opinion on these.  I would not pay what will be asked of them nd many old timers will tell you a knife is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

These knives seem to go against the "norm" for a faction today's collectors.  I have seen so many flippers enter the knife arena.  Buy a knife, own it long enough to show it off and sell it to buy the next shiny sharp object.  Typically these knives fall into that category and yes they make a tidy profit.

I am very old school, I buy what I like and 98% of what goes into my collection stays there.  Buying into the GEC in the first 4 years gave me the opportunity to own some of those extremely low numbered runs and a good many 1 of 1's.  Even some proto's of knives that never went into production. I own zero of the Northwoods.  They are worth a good bit to me because of what they add to the story of my collection, just not sure another collector would not see my value as "overpriced"

Kenneth W. Hill said:

New knives released this week and will be going out next week.

New knives finished and are being shipped out soon.

The Grosh & Maher SFO #29 knives are finished and For Sale right onw !    

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III commented on J.J. Smith III's status
4 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on dead_left_knife_guy's blog post National Knife Day 8/24/2019!
4 hours ago

Featured
Charles Sample commented on Dennis Hibar's photo
5 hours ago
Craig M. Bozorth posted a status
"Yes, watched the video several times...but trying to 'spin' the wheels does nothing. oh well, nice never used knife (no wonder)."
7 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Doug Ritter posted a discussion
9 hours ago
Steve Dirgo replied to Steve Dirgo's discussion Rigid Knives RG 45; Fighting Bowie Knife, Seki, Japan $195
10 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Kenneth Bruce Hills posted a status
"thanks Charles hope to get to know you."
11 hours ago
richard m bissell III left a comment for Charles Sample
11 hours ago

Featured
Charles Sample left a comment for Kenneth Bruce Hills
13 hours ago

Featured
Charles Sample left a comment for richard m bissell III
13 hours ago
J.J. Smith III posted a status
"RR2038 is officially on its way. Dang this waiting."
13 hours ago
D ale replied to D ale's discussion Mikov kit in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
15 hours ago
Bruce Zenge commented on Jan Carter's group Queen Cutlery & Friends
16 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a blog post
18 hours ago
Daniel Howland replied to D ale's discussion Mikov kit in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
18 hours ago
D ale commented on Jan Carter's group Queen Cutlery & Friends
yesterday

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Boy's Knife is HERE

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

POPS KNIFE SUPPLY

JSR Sports!

Click to visit