Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Whenever I'm deciding which of my EDC blades to take with me for the day I always have a hard time choosing. I always end up carrying more than one, Five to be exact. Does anyone else have a hard time deciding which knife to carry so you end up taking more than one? If so which two do you have the most trouble with deciding on?

Views: 4102

Replies to This Discussion

If I'm at work, I carry two EDC's. Always a Kershaw Junkyard Dog 2, because it's easy to open one-handed and the blade is meaty enough for anything. The second knife is a rotation of a GEC snakewood Jack, GEC primitive bone toothpick and a Queen tear drop jack amber carved stag.

Away from work I only carry one and it's usually a Bulldog Brand lock blade with stag handles.
I carry the following, two Emerson Combat Karambits, one Emerson Commander, two Lapu-Lapu-Corto (formerly known as Spyderco Gunting), one live, one worker. Reasons are that I teach edge weapons tactics. What I use out of these for anything that needs a sharp edge is my Emerson Commander.

What really is a problem is when I purchase something new, got to carry it but do not want to leave the others at home LOL, luckily this doesn't happen too much now a days.
I seldom carry more than 1. I had to look to see what todays was, a Cumillus heat. Many make the trip but 1 is enough at a time.
I guess I'm at the extreme end here as I usally have about 6 knives on my person at any given time. My true EDC is an Al Mar Eagle I purchased about 15 years ago and has ridden in my r/f pocket ever since. Lately I have been augmenting that with a Cold Steel Gunsite folder. Now I should explain that my work is delivering medications to peoples homes in all weather conditions and in all socio-economic ranges. In a single day I may go from the best parts of Col to the worst "hoods" of Cleveland to the wilds of souteastern Ohio. So if I tend to over reach that is why. I carry a Victorianox 4 or 5 blade on my key ring as a fob and my newest addition is an amazingly cheap and good quality Red Rider brand red bone canoe. I have a CRKT folding KISS that doubles as a money clip and last a Gerber Applegate Fairbairn mini covert folder that hides behind my name badge. To be honest the RR gets the most use as I can open the boxes for my customers without scaring them. Remember, just because your paranoid doesen't mean they aren't out to get you.
I like to carry between two and four.
I have a nice little knife shaped like a key on my key ring. It is made in solingen and sharpens up like a razor.
I have a leatherman im my gig bag (I am a musician and a teacher). That thing has saved the day more times than I can count I like to have a medium and a large folder as well. For my medium I usually carry a Cold Steel medium voyager tanto plain edge. It is a great knife. Though at times I have carried a Case Russlock. I have a beauty with green wormwood scales. It was sharpened by the president of Spyderco at one of the knife shows. For my large folder I have carried a Cold Steel Recon 1 tanto for years. I have beat the heck out of that knife. Recently I upgraded to an Emerson that I LOVEd but I cant find it ...... I am so bummed, but I am back to my cold steel. For a Little while I was carrying a Meyerco Xray , but I don't want to be stopped with one of those in my pocket. .......
O man...decisions, decisions....well here is what Im edcing at this very minute...

1) front right pocket Spyderco Barong (tactical folder)--Benchmade Harley Davidson (tanto blade) money clip
2) front left pocket Kershaw Leek (utility folder)
3) on belt (right side) Glock 19 holstered in a Serpa (level2)--Swiss Tool Multi (left side) G19 extra mag in Serpa and Surefire L2 flashlight

EDC bag...now that a whole different story!!!!
Hey John I didn't think about a "carry bag" . Again my job requires me to drive constantly so the "fanny Pack" or fag bag as I often call it doesn't draw a second glance.
That is where my Glock 17 and extra mag live and my surefire e2e executive rides next to the A/F covert behind my name badge.
Well, its not a huge bag...most times its just a Maxpedition Fatboy (I love Maxpedtion products). I keep odds and ends, first aid my BUF (back up flashlight), BUG (back up gun----usually Walther PPK/S or Ruger LCP) pepper spray and a bunch of other lethal/non lethal doo dads!
Attachments:
hey everyone
i try to keep one on me to use for whatever and thats my Ontario Rat1 then i keep a multi tool on me the Leatherman charge AL then a neck knife with just depends on the day but its either a ckc hiker with firesteel or a Coldsteel spike.
i like to have a backup defensive knife sometimes and thats a coldsteel peacekeeper II
I technically have 5 blades on me. 2 of them are standard folders Spyderco Endura 4 and Cold Steel Voyager Xl Tanto. 3rd is in my Leatherman Blast multitool. 4th and 5th are in my Husky combination knife used for everyday cutting at work.
I usually carry a folder with a pocket clip in my right-front pocket, a small backup in my back pocket, and a Leatherman Core in another free pocket.
My current carry Emerson A100 right front pocket, 5.11 Tarani master karambit left belt line

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Deb Bowers commented on Deb Bowers's photo
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted a status
"I'm new to this and open to suggestions! All knives are unused, clean, no chips or cracks."
3 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted photos
3 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted a status
"Hi! I have about 300 knives I'd like to sell. Does anyone have suggestions on how to start? May I share pictures here?"
4 hours ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Deb Bowers
yesterday
Deb Bowers is now a member of iKnife Collector
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
Jan Carter posted a status
Wednesday
Ellis H. Roberson commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Wednesday
J.J. Smith III replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 10

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service