Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I am in the UK but wish to buy in America some 100 year old Lee Enfield rifle stocks. That's just the wooden bit at the end - the butt. If I imported them into the UK although they are bits of useless wood the State will take offence - as it always does and I will gt involved in  tedious lengthy discussions with them. I am looking for somebody able to cut these rifle butts up into something approaching knife scales. I am quite prepared to pay and if anybody has the necessary tools perhaps they would contact me. regards Malcolm

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent Malcom, well lets see if any enterprising knifemaker might assist you! (so sorry for the restrictions)

If you can't find anyone, with a good shop, I guess my little shop could do it. Please, look around, there may be someone better prepared, if not, it will get done.

It sounds like a great knife project. I am in the process of trying to Stabilize wood scales.

hello Because it's the centenary of the start of WW1 1914 there is a lot of interest in the war. I spent a lot of time tracking down the discarded deck planks of HMS Victory Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar and have just sold a knife with the scales made with some of this wood to a descendant of Admiral Nelson. The rifle stocks this chap has in America have even got the British markings on the wood and I would guess that they will never be seen or utilised for their historic value. My wife gets a a bit peeved at filling the house with historic bits of wood but I tell her she is doing it for the nation. If I may I will get back to you. regards Malcolm

Yes, I think I was supposed to cut some boards off of some ship for you a good while back. Something happened and you did not need me.

What we are going to try to do is cut up a later Lee Enfield WW2 rifle stock which we can get in the UK and work from that how to cut up USA WW1 butts. I will then get back to you if I may.I buy quite a bit of historic wood and the last two deals with America failed simply because they will not ship internationally and for knives the orders are to small for them to bother. In London some of the salvage yards put up details of the historic buildings the wood has come from and today I was offered some nice oak from one of the London Victorian lunatic asylums. I get a few odd looks carrying a long plank on the train but it does lead to a few interesting discussions with people.

Many thanks.

Let me know what you come up with. I can cut it up any way you want and I can ship to Great Britain.  

OMG M Carpenter.  I bet the discussions on that trip were very interesting!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service