Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Any info on this particular knife will be greatly appreciated. We are the original owner of this knife and it has never been used. I wanted to find out the value if possible. Thanks in advance!

Views: 290

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kudret,- Great knife and highly sought after-The Chris Reeve Nkonka (Zulu for Bushbuck ) is discontinued and continues to go up in price- Most were made in A-2 steel- Only 200 were made in CPM 3-V like yours and were all numbered- Yours being 185 out of 200.- Have seen recent sales where the SOLD price was $795.00 !!- Hopefully, you have the sheath and all the paperwork- I realise you are the original owner and you know the knife is authentic- However, Ebay has had a lot of counterfeit copies of this knife show up- Most informed collectors would shy away from buying it online without the documentation IMHO. 

Very nice find!

Little side info about it.

Chris Reeve wanted to make "hollow handled" survival knives, like the ones seen in the first Rambo film.

But he felt that they lacked in strength because of the manner of construction where there was not much room for a tang in the hollow portion of the handle.

So instead he opted for milling the entire blade and handle out of one piece of steel.

He improved on this even further by going for a steel that's known for it's toughness (A-2 toolsteel) and I guess in a limited run for CPM3V steel which is even tougher.

Very cool piece. You'll be able to get a good deal on it if you still have the card that comes with every CRK knife.

John McCain, thank you for the info.  I still have the card, sheath and the box it came in :) and this makes me a happy girl!

John McCain said:

Kudret,- Great knife and highly sought after-The Chris Reeve Nkonka (Zulu for Bushbuck ) is discontinued and continues to go up in price- Most were made in A-2 steel- Only 200 were made in CPM 3-V like yours and were all numbered- Yours being 185 out of 200.- Have seen recent sales where the SOLD price was $795.00 !!- Hopefully, you have the sheath and all the paperwork- I realise you are the original owner and you know the knife is authentic- However, Ebay has had a lot of counterfeit copies of this knife show up- Most informed collectors would shy away from buying it online without the documentation IMHO. 

Alexander Noot, thank you for the fun info :)

Alexander Noot said:

Very nice find!

Little side info about it.

Chris Reeve wanted to make "hollow handled" survival knives, like the ones seen in the first Rambo film.

But he felt that they lacked in strength because of the manner of construction where there was not much room for a tang in the hollow portion of the handle.

So instead he opted for milling the entire blade and handle out of one piece of steel.

He improved on this even further by going for a steel that's known for it's toughness (A-2 toolsteel) and I guess in a limited run for CPM3V steel which is even tougher.

Very cool piece. You'll be able to get a good deal on it if you still have the card that comes with every CRK knife.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service