Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Has anyone seen a knife like this before? I would appreciate any comments or other knowledge yu might have.

Views: 275

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gregory, very unusual knife. Just "thinking out loud" - I have seen and there are plenty of photos on the web of the two bladed Case Toothpick Fishing knife. Just wondering if what you have is an attempt by Case to make a single blade knife and only a very few were made as a prototype run. Hoping someone more into Case knives will chime in.

Yes I have seen the two bladed version of the 62093 but I have been unable to confirm whether a single blade version was ever made
The tang stamp is consistent with atwo blade version made in 1920.

Derek Wells said:

Gregory, very unusual knife. Just "thinking out loud" - I have seen and there are plenty of photos on the web of the two bladed Case Toothpick Fishing knife. Just wondering if what you have is an attempt by Case to make a single blade knife and only a very few were made as a prototype run. Hoping someone more into Case knives will chime in.

Gregory- Sorry for the late reply but I've been researching this knife for days with little to no success. I can barely get two respected resources to even agree on the date of the tang stamp. 

http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/  ---circa 1916-1920's

American Premium guide to Knives & Razors by Jim Sargent---circa  1947-1952

Goins' Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings---circa 1925-1940

Counterfeiting Antique Cutlery by Gerald Witcher-circa 1916-1920's

The shield with the closed C and block letters appear to be from the 1920-1940 era (provided the shield is pinned on)

I can not find any mention of this knife anywhere ,so as said before possibly a prototype or limited run.Ticklers or Fish knives were occasionally made with the combo clip blade with a fish scaler back by other knife companies. Imperial Cutlery among others, but again, can't find any proof Case made one. Case did make a combo blade like this on a fixed blade, however. I'll keep looking, but my best advice would be to try and contact  Katie Shonts Saar who is an IKC member and the official W.R.Case historian either here or through their website. Jan may have more direct contact info for her than I do. I do have 2 questions-Was the shield pinned on??  (I can't tell from your photo)   No model # or other markings on the other side of the blade?? 

Wow John, I appreciate all that research.The liner lock on this knife has almost completely obliterated the pattern number on the tang. If I hold it at a certain angle sometimes I think I can see a6 at the begining and a 3 at the end but there is no F that would indicate a fish knife. Areal mystery to me. Iwill follow up on those contacts you mentioned. Thanks again.

John McCain said:

Gregory- Sorry for the late reply but I've been researching this knife for days with little to no success. I can barely get two respected resources to even agree on the date of the tang stamp. 

http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/  ---circa 1916-1920's

American Premium guide to Knives & Razors by Jim Sargent---circa  1947-1952

Goins' Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings---circa 1925-1940

Counterfeiting Antique Cutlery by Gerald Witcher-circa 1916-1920's

The shield with the closed C and block letters appear to be from the 1920-1940 era (provided the shield is pinned on)

I can not find any mention of this knife anywhere ,so as said before possibly a prototype or limited run.Ticklers or Fish knives were occasionally made with the combo clip blade with a fish scaler back by other knife companies. Imperial Cutlery among others, but again, can't find any proof Case made one. Case did make a combo blade like this on a fixed blade, however. I'll keep looking, but my best advice would be to try and contact  Katie Shonts Saar who is an IKC member and the official W.R.Case historian either here or through their website. Jan may have more direct contact info for her than I do. I do have 2 questions-Was the shield pinned on??  (I can't tell from your photo)   No model # or other markings on the other side of the blade?? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service