Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This time of year I start thinking about getting away.  Whether it is just for a weekend or the GEC rendevouz with a week long time frame, when we get away it usually has to do with our love of knives. It is truely amazing, the number of things you can get away and do. Here are some ideas I have found.   Tell us what you would do if you could spend the utlitmate vacation and celebrate this wonderful hobby. 

Tags: Knife, Themed, vacations

Views: 1683

Replies to This Discussion

My mom in in Arkansas Robert. I always thought going to this show would be the ultimate for me

Anyone know of other shows in that area?

Si, I am also thinking about this show.  Sounds fun and interesting

March 9-11, 2012

Great Smoky Mountain Bladesmithing Symposium & Knife Show
Haywood Community College, Clyde, North Carolina
ABS Contact - Bill Wiggins (828) 226-2551 or Email wncbill@bellsouth.net

Haywood Community College and the American Bladesmith Society, Inc. will hold the Great Smoky Mountain Bladesmithing Symposium & Knife Show on March 6 through March 8. The event will be held on the HCC campus. The symposium and knife show includes an American Bladesmithing Workshop at a cost of $55. On Saturday, March 7, the knife show and auction will be open to the public beginning at 1 p.m. free of charge.

Demonstrators for the event include: James Batson, heat treating; Greg Neely, blade forging, blade grinding, and ABS knife judging; Carolyn Hughes, promotion and advertising; Burt Foster, Damascus Steel; Joseph Keeslar, leather sheathes, handles and guards; Ronnie Boydston, James Gibson, and Len Landrum, hands on forging; B R Hughes, ABS knife judging, Col. Tim Ryan, auction; Kevin Cashen, Quillon Daggers and cutting demonstration; Daniel Warren, pocket knives; David Burnette, forging tongs; and Tommy McNabb, silver and pearl inlays.

A $500 scholarship will be given to a paid participant. To register, please call Laura Simmons at (828)565-4244. For more information on the Great Smoky Mountain Bladesmithing Symposium & Knife Show or the American Bladesmithing Workshop, please call Bill Wiggins at 226-2551.

This would be an ultimate FUN weekend for me

Trackrock Hammer-in Spring Event 2012 

Date: Weekend of March 30 - April 1 Notice: Open to all & no admission fees

Directions: WWW.TRACKROCK.COM 

Activities: Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Forge Building, Anything Knife Related

Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk with several talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.

General: Craftsmen from several states, finished knives on display, collections on display, etc.
Family oriented event, Behave! No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated.

Saturday BBQ: Saturday lunch is catered on site at cost. You must RSVP to partake in this lunch.

Drop Dead Date to RSVP is March 20th!

Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged. 

Knife Raffle: We are currently working on two separate custom knives to be raffled off at the next couple of Trackrock Hammer-in events. Funds will go toward the purchase of major equipment to be used at future events. One knife will be a collaboration piece by Wayne Hensley and myself, the other a collaboration piece by Rick Lowe and Will Dutton.

Accommodations: Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels near: Blairsville and Young Harris. Contact Trackrock Campground for further information at above website.

Please contact me if you wish to participate, or need further information about the event. 
Email: crex68@yahoo.com

CRex Custom Knives 
Carl Rechsteiner, Bladesmith
Georgia Custom Knifemakers Guild, Charter Member
Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts 

This post has been edited by Randy Scott: 28 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Miss Jan, if I could get a Knife Show schelule for this summer, I might beable to make a good one. I could plan things after my surgeries and my grand daughter and I could make plans to go. I would need to know about it a long time in advance.

Robert, 

If you look on the events calendar here I have most listed.  At least 100 from now to end of year and add more daily.  While I am adding if I see any close to you I will let you know.  I am really wanting to do one of these weekend Hammer Ins, they sound like so much fun

Yes, but they seem only a week or two in advance. I mean this summer, june or july.

No they are out through the year Robert.  Click on events at the top of the page and just hit next at the bottom of the list.  It will take you month by month

Whoops, still learning here. thanks.

Robert, My personal opinion....we should all learn something new everyday, it keeps us young at heart  

You bet, I have been thinking about going to a good knife show this summer. I might have to drive a good way but my youngest grand daughter said she would go with me and drive most of the way. I shouldn't make too many plans till I see how my recovery goes. I can wish though..lol

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service