Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

When I look back at 2012, what sticks out the most? The world did not end. Sandy and Issac tried, the wildfires tried and yet the world did not end.

We had members that lost loves ones and babies were born to others. The knife world saw some changes, we lost Mike Berta Babinec Sr founder of Grohmann knives and Ken Daniels left Great Eastern but bought Queen Cutlery. I can think of more than a few custom makers that left us too soon this year. Tom Arrowsmith stepped down from WR Case and Case knives manufactured their first off shore line of knives (Tech-X).

The NKCA and the National Knife Museum separated and the NKCA named Lisa Sebenik the president. Some notable knife company names were brought back to life, Tuna Valley and the JBF Champlin names were celebrated back right here on iKC.

Jennie Moore was named the first active woman president of a knife manufacturing company. Too many young lives were lost for reasons we will never understand or comprehend.

As of Christmas day iKC had welcomed 555 new members in 2012 and Donnie and I were able to meet about dozen members personally. I became the first female owner of a internet knife community.

So as I look forward to 2013, I do so with a smile and the anticipation that iKC will grow, our members will have lives that we will help support them with. The knife community will have a place to call home
and we will all meet some new friends.

So tell us about your views on 2012?

Tags: 2012, iKC

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't keep up! Time is going by too fast! 

Thats what started all this Craig.  We were talking about how fast the years go by now.  So what do you see coming for 2013?

How about some of the following occurring in 2012?

• Famars comes on the scene
  • Buck 110 turns 50
  • Gil Hibben makes all those knives for United Cutlery and the Expendables movie!
  • The zombie craze and all the knives that came out to support that!

What do I see coming? Hmmm......

* More knives for me. lol.

* More people buying Queens....in part because I keep pushing them! LOL!

* Knife collecting becomes bigger than ever. 

* iKC becomes the most popular "knife place" in the world

Well I certainly hope for all that Craig. I also look forward to new designs, exciting new brands and in general more talk about knives. Lets face it though, perhaps there were some blades that did not pan out, perhaps a defect in design or assembly. I see many of the early entries by knife companies, especially in tactical knives, to be sub par in quality especially as it relates to blade steel. I hope going forward into 2013 that is corrected and we get good quality steel and a good quality design.

Craig Henry said:

What do I see coming? Hmmm......

* More knives for me. lol.

* More people buying Queens....in part because I keep pushing them! LOL!

* Knife collecting becomes bigger than ever. 

* iKC becomes the most popular "knife place" in the world

You know something else that happened on iKC in 2012?  A very young boy became very ill.  iKC created a prayer chain and our own manager Steve Hanner supplied goats milk to nourish him. With a week of good thoughts, prayers and some milk he could keep down the young man flourished.  Do we know how he is doing Hog?

I sure do, he is fine right now and he is taking medications, but is doing very well. It was a critical part of his young life and he survived, which we are all thankful for.

Jan Carter said:

You know something else that happened on iKC in 2012?  A very young boy became very ill.  iKC created a prayer chain and our own manager Steve Hanner supplied goats milk to nourish him. With a week of good thoughts, prayers and some milk he could keep down the young man flourished.  Do we know how he is doing Hog?

God bless you Hog!

It has been one crazy year. I think the next one will be the same.

I hope ALL knife companies have a booming business starting in 2013 and ALL knife laws are abolished and it becomes known as the Age of Knives!  How's that sound?

The Age of Knives sounds like a fine way to begin a year!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service