Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Bear & Son Cutlery is an American company.  They engineer, design, build and finish their knives in Jacksonville, Alabama with American craftsmen.  They have recently started a new line of knives called Bear OPS to manufacture tactical knives.

Tags: Bear, Cutlery, Ops, Sons, and

Views: 3712

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 24, 2011 at 23:07

Here is another of my Bear & Sons.This is a small trapper in Pink smooth bone with Damascus blades.

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 24, 2011 at 9:52

Nice one, Gary.

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 24, 2011 at 9:44

A Bear & Son 589, 8" Ninja II, double edge, Genuine India Stag Bone

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 24, 2011 at 9:40

I have not used it.  It is for sale.  I just got quite a few Bears in.  I like them.

Comment by Jan Carter on November 20, 2011 at 16:27

Gary,

Have you used that skinner?  How's it for working with.  It certainly is interesting

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 19, 2011 at 6:41

Bear & Son 543, Ergonomic Skinner Stag.  They also make a Ergonomic Skinner 243CW, Camowood.

Comment by vernon wayne perkins on November 18, 2011 at 21:07

Bear cutlery is building all of the American made Remington knives for now. Remington is three yrs into a five yr contract with Bear. Remington could not have picked a better knife maker IMO. Hopefully they will re-new when this contract runs out. Bear makes there own and also for many other brands that are recognized in the knife world. Now, there is another qroup of knives out there with the Remington name on them that are made overseas.

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 18, 2011 at 20:21

Max, I think you will like them. They also build the Remington bullet knives for Remington.

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 18, 2011 at 9:29

Bear & Son 540D, 2 1/2" Mini Executive lockback Damascus.

Bear & Son 533, 2 7/8" small Stockman.

Bear & Son 518, 3 1/4"  Midsize Stockman.  This is a good pocket knife

Bear & Son 507, 3 1/2" Mini Trapper.  Trappers are one of my favorite designs

Bear & Son 505D, 3 3/4" Lockback, stag.  The damascus  is  made in Alabama, USA as is the knife.  I sell any knife a 75% of retail to IKC members.  All Bear Damascus knives come with a gift tin. 

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 17, 2011 at 20:12

Good looking bowie that you have, Gary. Hurry up and post some pics.

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 17, 2011 at 12:56

This is a Bear 501, 12" Frontier Bowie.  High carbon stainless, Hollow ground, classic clip point,  stag, comes with a brown leather belt sheath

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 17, 2011 at 12:48

Vernon, I haven't seen any ivory bears.  They must be nice.  It is nice that Bear & Son are made in America.  I just got a new shipment of Bear knives.  I'll be posting pictures.  If anyone wants one I'll discount it. 

Comment by vernon wayne perkins on November 17, 2011 at 7:21

I have been looking for a knife Bear made. It is a 04 model sideliner with a ivory handle. I don't know what year they made it or what blade it is but I sure would like to locate one. If anyone knows where I could find one I would appreciate hearing from you. Also maybe some of you have been following the Case crisis, where they plan to start making a line of tactical knives in China. I posted on the forum that Bear Cutlery makes a fine line of traditional and tactical knives right here at home.

Thanks

Comment by Gary Nelson on November 16, 2011 at 10:08

Nice knife Billy.  You have a nice collection.  I just ordered some new Bear & son knives.    I'll post some pictures when I get them.

Comment by Billy Oneale on November 15, 2011 at 21:10

Time for another pic to post.This on is a 4 1/8" Titan red trapper with titanium blades. this is a serialized series.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service