Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I've come across a fixed blade, 9" overall knife with "Benson 116" Stamped on blade.  Brand new, nice looking knife.  Anyone know anything about it, manufacturer, value, etc.?

Views: 380

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Al- I have hunted for info on your knife for days and I'm still stumped-I can find no manufacturer with the same name, and only 2 custom knife makers with the Benson name-There is a Mark Benson who advertises his wares on Facebook, similar Benson etch, but he normally has a fish logo above his name- There is also a Don Benson, whose works I can't find examples of . Mark Benson's tang stamp is close, although there is nothing remarkable about a name in capital letters. His work is normally  a bit more upscale as to handle materials, etc.Not saying it isn't an early work of his , or a downscaled version at a client's request-(paakawood and plain brass pins). The 116 could be a model number, or a date of the knife's making (1-16). The blade profile and the handle profile are both a little out of the norm. Truth is, it could be a custom by a known maker or an  unknown maker. It is a nice looking knife, all things considered. Wish I could help more than I have.

John, Thanks very much for your efforts.  It looks as though you went down the same paths that I did and pretty much ended up at the same place as I did.  The seller could not add any more info about the knife.  I think I'll toss an offer at him and see if he bites.  Thanks again.  Al

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service