Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Been thinking of changing the direction of my collection. Someone said: sell off some knives to make room for new ones. I like all my knives but I could sell some. Wondering what direction to take. 

Any thoughts on the subject?

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I began collecting by brand, then further focused on the type of knives I thought were the most beautiful, then further focused on the most collectible that I could afford to collect. I keep these knives in display cases on the wall and enjoy them every time I enter that room. It happens to be where my computer is so I am in it every day.

Over time I have broadened to other brands and have some diversity in my collection now, but still enjoy those first ones. 

It is the hunt that I enjoy almost as much as having the knives and that's why the serialized and rarer are most fun for me.

I was always told to collect what I like seeing and handling the most. So many different ways to go. Collecting is such a personal thing. Enjoy.

Had a nice "Shake Up" of my collection. Gave 3 of my Grandchildren several knives. My Grandaughter kept picking up my favorite fish knife, several days in a row, so I gave her that. She loved it.

I have been thinking about thinning out my collection as well, but like many have said it is difficult to let go of knives that were difficult to find or have a history attached to them.  I have talked to many people about buying some of them, but unfortunately most dont want to pay a reasonable price.  I definitely have had better trade offers, but not good enough to pull the trigger.  I really enjoy the hunt for vintage knives, but am focusing more on custom knives now.  

It's been over a year since you guys were talking about sell some of your knives. Did you sell some or keep them all?

I still have mine but primarily because I'm not going to sell on eBay.  Also it has taken me a while to sort through the 500 or so knives and get things back in their box. I know I will be selling or giving away a good chunk of modern era made in China knives.  Many are excellent knives and will make plenty of people happy but as I'm not using them I hate to see them collect dust.

That said, I'll still have plenty of knives, old and new, including quite a few made in China knives that are not going anywhere!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service