Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hello SAK fan,
Actually my favorite SAKs are the different alox models. As an example of the colors I attach a pic of my farmers. Actually I have 4 colors.

See more colored alox pics in my album.

Do you also have alox SAKs, perhaps in other colors?
Please show me them.

Tags: Victorinox, farmer

Views: 39159

Replies to This Discussion

Jan,

Alox is short for "aluminum oxide." That is the material used in these Victorinox 93mm scales. Here, you can read what the Wikipedia has to say about alox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxide

Cheers!

Ron,

Thanks!  I thought they looked like aluminium. That should make them light enough to be very pocket friendly

New bicolor Pioneer with USA etching on mainblade. This special run is limited to 50 pieces and the knives are numbered. More pics...

Hereare a couple of my new alox Cadets.

Those are some beauties, Wayne!

Woodsman in orange. It has a keyring and the shield is red. It's a new limited Alox special run from Victorinox. Only 50 pieces were made in August 2012. All knives are numbered.  More pics...

This week I got three brand new Alox Cadets. All three are special, limited runs. Only 50 pieces of each were made by Victorinox.

A violet with ring and a violet without ring and a bright green one. All of them are very nice .

More Pics....

Two new Alox knives from Victorinox made for Swissbianco. 

A Pioneer without ring and a Cadet plus. Both in an orange color called Sunset orange.

More pics...

Martin,

One day I would love to see a photograph with all of these brilliantly colored SAK's assembled en masse. I can only imagine how spectacular that would be.

I especially like the contrasting red shield that is used occasionally. It looks great on that orange Woodsman!

Do you have a favorite color? Or perhaps a favorite alox model?

Cheers, my friend!

Hey Ron,

One day I'll try to put all my Alox together and take a photo.

I really like the blues and the oranges and the greens and ... well to be honest I like them ALL no mater what color ;-)

Actually my prefered model is the Rancher. I like the pruning blade, it's great to open parcels, especially parcels containing knives :-)
bye Martin

That would be a great photo, Martin~ I'll look forward to seeing it someday.

I'm with you. I like the pruning blade, also! My favorite alox model would have to be a toss-up between the Pioneer Harvester and the Farmer. I have to have a saw blade on whichever SAK I might be carrying. I love black alox knives with red shields. Sadly, I don't own a single one. *sad face*

I suspect that your pruning blades gets quite a workout opening all of those packages that contain new knives! lol.

Cheers, my friend!

Victorinox light green Alox Pruner. It's a special run of only 50 pieces made by Victorinox in November 2012. All knives are numbered on the pruning blade. It's the 5th knife from the green pruner serie.

More pics...

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service