Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

10/21/2014

I had recently seen a picture of Peter Hammer's last Wotan build. It was a high polish blade with a wood handle. I have requested he allow me to use it and I will post here if he does.

What I did so far was remove the Kraton handle and media blast the coating off the knife. After which I did run it under a wire wheel.

Before and after blasting:

I kinda like this "Satin" finish, but I will probably change my mind later.

Now to figure out a handle. That is a Huge hidden tang to cover up, 4-1/4" total length, 1/4 x 5/8 stock.

Any ideas?

Here is Peter Hammer's last Custom Wotan. I do not know the species of wood, but I would guess Cocobolo.

Views: 1148

Replies to This Discussion

Cannot wait to see it done Brad.  Amazing the 52100 began to turn so fast

The Wotan is a Casted 52100 knife. I imagine that may have something to do with it. I will comment that after media blasting, wire wheel, 3M metal finishing wheel followed by 220, 600, 1000 & 1500 grit. This knife is still sharp as all get out.

OO00ooah .. that's gonna look sweet !!

Brad T. said:

Picked a really nice turning block of Arizona Desert Ironwood. Along with the last of the mosaic pin I have, this will be really nice when done.

Arizona Ironwood turning block I plan to use. 1.5 x 1.5 x 6

Having thought about this for a month, I have become a little more ambitious about the handle. I pulled a piece of buffalo, stag and 2 nickel silver spacers into the mix.

I believe they may contrast well together. The stag will be blended into the Ironwood leaving a smooth finish that will darken as it is used...I think. Lets see what happens.

This is going to be a nice project Brad, you keeping this one?

Definitely keeping this one. Who else has a Wotan in North America?

Good I was hoping that was the answer

Hey that will look great no question!

I am anxious to finish this now. Want to see it finished with those extra design elements. I need a home workshop.

Am currently reworking mine...welcome to use anytime!

Brad T. said:

I am anxious to finish this now. Want to see it finished with those extra design elements. I need a home workshop.
Thanks Hog! I'll be right over.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Deb Bowers commented on Deb Bowers's status
10 seconds ago
Deb Bowers commented on Deb Bowers's status
21 minutes ago
Jan Carter commented on Deb Bowers's status
yesterday
Deb Bowers posted a status
"I'm new to this and open to suggestions! All knives are unused, clean, no chips or cracks."
yesterday
Deb Bowers posted a status
"Hi! I have about 300 knives I'd like to sell. Does anyone have suggestions on how to start? May I share pictures here?"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Deb Bowers
Saturday
Deb Bowers is now a member of iKnife Collector
Saturday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Saturday
Jan Carter posted a status
Wednesday
Ellis H. Roberson commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 12
J.J. Smith III replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 11

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 10
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service