Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Now to some exciting news.  For those of you that have just started the journey here with us, a tiny bit of background on our next custom being offered in our monthly contest/giveaway.

Don Carter Forge very rarely sells a knife.  It is a hobby he enjoys almost as much as giving a knife to a friend or a young person.  The past few years have been quite an adventure for me, watching him learn to take a small piece of tool steel and make it into a hand forged knife.  I always try to find something special as our Christmas giveaway and this year Don Carter has agreed to give away a knife made just for iKC.

As the 12th of December gets closer, watch here for the details and how you can be the owner of this knife, just by being online

Tags: 2016, December, a, custom, forged, giveaway, hand, knife

Views: 1922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Day 2 Posted on my personal Facebook account, I'm feeling a big win coming on

More group posts. Jan's mission(s) accomplished - get us all talking more, and exposing others to our interests. :-)

I just have such a hard time trying to type facebook.com - it causes too much pain!

To MIchael Squier,

I can't be 100% sure that it's THE exact same knife but I've never seen another that looked so much like "the one I had back then." (song lyric about a Corvette or a girl?)

As well as my brother can remember, he traded Uncle Raymond's original RAD Hewer to a friend near Metropolis Illinois who collects WW2 militaria...big time. This friend doesn't remember about the knife either since it's been so long and he, Scotty, suffered a tiny bit of TBI while serving as a Sargent Major in Afghanistan. 

The collector from whom I acquired the knife lives in central Illinois......so there is a good chance it really is the same one.

It's nice to think so anyway and I can pretend that it is.

As a "Prepper"/ "Survivalist" knife it has many uses. It is the focal point of my collection.

Thanks for all the appreciation expressed for my paid vacation overseas. In retrospect it was a blessing to have served.

Jan, I just shared a description of the RAD Hewer with the "Tactical and Combat Collectors Club"

Now I finally have something of interest to pass along! There are probably a few other interesting knives in my collection.

Well Day 2 has been a good one also.  Yes the goal is to get you talking with each other and sharing our passion.  LOL, I am usually pretty transparent :)

For those of you remembering to post your activity here THANK YOU!!!  It keeps me from searching.  For those that forget...LOL, it's ok, it keeps me active on the site

Jan, is this a per post contest, or a post once get one entry per day contest?

ONE ENTRY PER DAY.  12 DAYS OF POSTING ARE REQUIRED :)

Thanks for the clarification Jan, wasn't sure how you had it set up; got it now.

Jan Carter said:

ONE ENTRY PER DAY.  12 DAYS OF POSTING ARE REQUIRED :)

Posted in the Scandi Fans group.

Day 2: Today I sent a personal invitation to join iKC to JF Knives on Facebook and shared his Steampunk knife video to our Facebook group.

Thank you!
Ms Data said:

Day 2: Today I sent a personal invitation to join iKC to JF Knives on Facebook and shared his Steampunk knife video to our Facebook group.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service