Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Whenever I'm deciding which of my EDC blades to take with me for the day I always have a hard time choosing. I always end up carrying more than one, Five to be exact. Does anyone else have a hard time deciding which knife to carry so you end up taking more than one? If so which two do you have the most trouble with deciding on?

Views: 4083

Replies to This Discussion

If I'm at work, I carry two EDC's. Always a Kershaw Junkyard Dog 2, because it's easy to open one-handed and the blade is meaty enough for anything. The second knife is a rotation of a GEC snakewood Jack, GEC primitive bone toothpick and a Queen tear drop jack amber carved stag.

Away from work I only carry one and it's usually a Bulldog Brand lock blade with stag handles.
I carry the following, two Emerson Combat Karambits, one Emerson Commander, two Lapu-Lapu-Corto (formerly known as Spyderco Gunting), one live, one worker. Reasons are that I teach edge weapons tactics. What I use out of these for anything that needs a sharp edge is my Emerson Commander.

What really is a problem is when I purchase something new, got to carry it but do not want to leave the others at home LOL, luckily this doesn't happen too much now a days.
I seldom carry more than 1. I had to look to see what todays was, a Cumillus heat. Many make the trip but 1 is enough at a time.
I guess I'm at the extreme end here as I usally have about 6 knives on my person at any given time. My true EDC is an Al Mar Eagle I purchased about 15 years ago and has ridden in my r/f pocket ever since. Lately I have been augmenting that with a Cold Steel Gunsite folder. Now I should explain that my work is delivering medications to peoples homes in all weather conditions and in all socio-economic ranges. In a single day I may go from the best parts of Col to the worst "hoods" of Cleveland to the wilds of souteastern Ohio. So if I tend to over reach that is why. I carry a Victorianox 4 or 5 blade on my key ring as a fob and my newest addition is an amazingly cheap and good quality Red Rider brand red bone canoe. I have a CRKT folding KISS that doubles as a money clip and last a Gerber Applegate Fairbairn mini covert folder that hides behind my name badge. To be honest the RR gets the most use as I can open the boxes for my customers without scaring them. Remember, just because your paranoid doesen't mean they aren't out to get you.
I like to carry between two and four.
I have a nice little knife shaped like a key on my key ring. It is made in solingen and sharpens up like a razor.
I have a leatherman im my gig bag (I am a musician and a teacher). That thing has saved the day more times than I can count I like to have a medium and a large folder as well. For my medium I usually carry a Cold Steel medium voyager tanto plain edge. It is a great knife. Though at times I have carried a Case Russlock. I have a beauty with green wormwood scales. It was sharpened by the president of Spyderco at one of the knife shows. For my large folder I have carried a Cold Steel Recon 1 tanto for years. I have beat the heck out of that knife. Recently I upgraded to an Emerson that I LOVEd but I cant find it ...... I am so bummed, but I am back to my cold steel. For a Little while I was carrying a Meyerco Xray , but I don't want to be stopped with one of those in my pocket. .......
O man...decisions, decisions....well here is what Im edcing at this very minute...

1) front right pocket Spyderco Barong (tactical folder)--Benchmade Harley Davidson (tanto blade) money clip
2) front left pocket Kershaw Leek (utility folder)
3) on belt (right side) Glock 19 holstered in a Serpa (level2)--Swiss Tool Multi (left side) G19 extra mag in Serpa and Surefire L2 flashlight

EDC bag...now that a whole different story!!!!
Hey John I didn't think about a "carry bag" . Again my job requires me to drive constantly so the "fanny Pack" or fag bag as I often call it doesn't draw a second glance.
That is where my Glock 17 and extra mag live and my surefire e2e executive rides next to the A/F covert behind my name badge.
Well, its not a huge bag...most times its just a Maxpedition Fatboy (I love Maxpedtion products). I keep odds and ends, first aid my BUF (back up flashlight), BUG (back up gun----usually Walther PPK/S or Ruger LCP) pepper spray and a bunch of other lethal/non lethal doo dads!
Attachments:
hey everyone
i try to keep one on me to use for whatever and thats my Ontario Rat1 then i keep a multi tool on me the Leatherman charge AL then a neck knife with just depends on the day but its either a ckc hiker with firesteel or a Coldsteel spike.
i like to have a backup defensive knife sometimes and thats a coldsteel peacekeeper II
I technically have 5 blades on me. 2 of them are standard folders Spyderco Endura 4 and Cold Steel Voyager Xl Tanto. 3rd is in my Leatherman Blast multitool. 4th and 5th are in my Husky combination knife used for everyday cutting at work.
I usually carry a folder with a pocket clip in my right-front pocket, a small backup in my back pocket, and a Leatherman Core in another free pocket.
My current carry Emerson A100 right front pocket, 5.11 Tarani master karambit left belt line

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service