Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

There are two makers that attend this show on a regular basis and they are certainly exceptional in their craft and just as good a folks as you would ever hope to meet. Their tables are always side by side and I could spend days just looking at their work and listening to their discussions on building knives, materials and their knife adventures over the years.

Mr Russell McNab

First up is an ivory mini with elephant hide inserts in the sheaths.  These knives by Mr McNabb are among the few he actually sells.  He makes many that he has made for himself and for passing down, I have taken pictures of them at previous shows.  These are the type of items you dont see on ebay, unless someone bought them at a show and marked them up.  He likes to meet his customers

Mr McNabb begins this knife and creates the entire knife by himself.  The blade, file work, the engraving and the sheaths.

As an avid hunter, he knows what it takes to make a hunting knife work!  Having used many, he understand the variety angle of many collectors and users.  he creates beauty he feels show be used

NEXT UP IS THE UNSTOPPABLE MR RONALD HEWITT 

Mr Hewitt is a man of many talents.  He deigns and makes his knives, turkey calls, little mini weapon charms and he keeps up his own website.  No small feat for man who is shall we say, beyond 21 years of age LOL!

Tags: 2014, Gator, Hewitt, McNabb, Ronald, Russell, knives, show

Views: 1320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the world of knives and most especially Case Knives, this man is very well known and is a favorite of many people that attend shows.  Always willing to help, explain and share a story of your knife or one of his.  Mr Tony Foster and his son

Some of the things you dont ever see out there.  I have seen pics of the Case sphere but I have never seen one in person

a blade etch that originally was on a butcher knife to the best of everyones knowledge (at least those of us standing right there lol)

A CIX Tang stamp.  Took this pic for Hog LOL.  It is a beauty of a stockman

Schrade Riverboats

Wow, they are both great. Thanks for posting the photos and story.

John Primble works of honour

OK, folks.  Think I will stop here for the night and let you see these but come back tomorrow night.  We have more!!!

These are awesome and I love that they are connected to their customers , I honor them !!  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
2 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
8 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
11 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service