Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The Need

Similar to my first request, please take a look at this and the other postings I have similar to this one and share with me what you know about it. My goal is to use the information you provide to properly market and sell these knives to get a reasonable sale price while letting the buyer enjoy the full value of the piece.

Western W35 – What I Think I Know About It

This is what I believe to be true so far about this knife:

• Single letter G for 1983
  • Tang stamped “WESTERN” over “U.S.A.  W35” over “G”
  • Never carried, factory edge

What I want to Know

Based on the bullet info above and judging the best you can from the photos, I would like to know the following:

• Is my information above correct?
  • Estimate year of knife manufacture – my guess is 1983
  • Are the scales jigged Delrin or Redbone?
  • Blade steel – 440C?
  • What, in your opinion, is the value of the knife?
  • What, in your opinion, is a good sale price?

Please feel free to ask me questions, request additional photos, or whatever in order to assist you in your evaluations. Please also feel free to correct my understandings with additional facts, as I want the best info I can get to support a sale.

I will more than likely offer these on Etsy in my wood craft site with some sort of stand or box to add value to the sale.

Thank you for your comments and assistance – it is greatly appreciated!

Views: 785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lars- First a small correction- It is a Model W-36 not W-35- Yes, it was made in 1983- Hard to be sure from your pictures, but the handles are either Rosewood or a laminated hardwood-They used both- Easy to tell the difference if you look at the handles from the side- If laminated hardwood, you will see the layers of ply-- I'm betting yours is rosewood -the blade material is 440a--General value on these runs from $70-140 --Yours is an especially nice example is minty shape-- I definitely would not sell it for less than a $100. If it were me I would ask more in the $110-120 range.

Doogh! W36 is on the blade big as life! Thanks John for that detail - not sure why I had W35 on the brain. When looking at the scales, they are indeed solid construction - no plys are visible. Thank you for your feedback on this one - very much appreciate your efforts on my behalf!

John's Crazy Lars!  These knives are a dime a dozen.   Just to be nice I'll give you a dozen dimes for it!  but you have to act now!

Okay seriously.   WOW! that knife is fantastic!  I'm betting you get even more than $100 if a bidding war ensued!

Hmmmm, a dozen dimes...sound tempting! Too funny!

Tobias Gibson said:

John's Crazy Lars!  These knives are a dime a dozen.   Just to be nice I'll give you a dozen dimes for it!  but you have to act now!

Okay seriously.   WOW! that knife is fantastic!  I'm betting you get even more than $100 if a bidding war ensued!

your western fixed blade is a beauty lars

Thanks Tim...Tobias is offering me a dozen dimes because he says the W36 is a dime a dozen out there....whatta ya think? Deal or no deal?  LoL!!

think you a have a rare beauty in this western mr. lars

Ill up the ante and go a bakers dozen , thats 13 whole dimes! shipping incuded of course. 

Hahahaha...smartie!

Michael Squier said:

Ill up the ante and go a bakers dozen , thats 13 whole dimes! shipping incuded of course. 

Thank you Tim - well stated. 

tim payne said:

think you a have a rare beauty in this western mr. lars

To all that helped me on this particular knife....Thank you! I sold it moments ago for $135.00 plus S&H. I couldn't have succeeded without your help, insight, and active participation. 

On behalf of my Dad, thank you!

way to go lars!  wa-hoo!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit