Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

iKnife Collector 2012 Community Knife/We Want Your Opinion On Our Next!

Moving forward in bringing to life the iKnife Collector 2012 Community Knife!!!

So far we are all in the pocket knife camp and we have had some great discussions about style..  Thank you Alexander for putting my thoughts into a language we all speak,

Frame first, then blades, then handle materials then extra's?

So far if I have been listening correctly we are looking at

Stockman

Whittler

Toothpick

Moose

Canoe

Barlow

1/2 congress

dogleg jack

My vote is for the Geppetto whittler.  For those of you unfamiliar with the pattern

SO TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR VOTE FOR THE FRAME/PATTERN???

Views: 1578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Put another hashmark into the Geppetto corner.

James, if it can be done under $120 and the maker can produce +/- 100 identical knives and he can do lefthanded ones as well.....then I wouldn't have much of a problem with that either.

As for what pattern if it's going to be a traditional pattern I'd like a Large Stockman similar to the Cattle Baron that GEC makes. 

My second choice would be either a Canoe or something like the Gepetto.

JAMES IVY said:

Would love to see something a little more classy than the same old patterns above! Say a new fluted titanium folder with s35vn steel blade! Something like this simple little pocket knife below!

I'm sorry....did you say the cost is about $1000 each? (as in 1 thousand us dollars?) It looks really nice, but that's definately out of my ballpark.

Otherwise.....I'm kind of interested. Although I have to admit, in my area those traditionals aren't so boring. In fact, on the Dutch forum that I'm also a member of I'd be surprised if more than 5 people (out of hundreds) own a  quality (meaning Queen, GEC, etc, not Rough rider or something) traditional knife. For me part of the appeal of the american styled traditionals is the fact that they're so rare over here.

But like I said, I'm up for it if more people are. Who's the maker of that piece? (And maybe also slightly interesting....what hardness does he run taht S35vn on?)

Yeah, I figured it would be a regional thing. The past three years at the local Dutch show not a single maker or production company sold a nice slipjoint....except for one collector and he wanted €1500 for it. It would have been worth it but I seldom have money enough for those kind of pieces.

So I am still trying to be sure I keep the count on track.  We are still talking keeping it under the $120 range

3 for the whittler style geppatto

2 for a stockman style

1 for either of them

and James would like us all to hit our local lotteries LOL.  If we can make that happen I will start thinking in the $1000 range for us.  It is a beauty though James.

Well James, I'm sorry but I'm hooked on those old boring patterns. I know these guys that make custom folders do great work but like those that stated earlier their out of my price ranrge. I collect good quality prodution folder and custom fixed blades. My price range for folders is $75--$150, for my fixed blades the range is $75--$375.

Geppeto, Stockman or Moose for me.

Thankfully there is bit more time in getting all of this done Craig, so I have faith that as long as we pick a decent pattern with some beautiful extras the knife should sell itself.

I vote for a Moose. 

Yep, I agree with James and Johnny, A Moose in STAG is gonna sell it self. Just look at the Tuna Valley knives, they sold out before anyone had a chance to realize what was happening. Some people didn't want this years knife because it was a little plain. That didn't bother me, it reminded me of a knife I had as a boy. Start selling the knife now! The dead line will be met.

what about a nice thick stag trapper i don't think any one mentioned that.trappers can be used for many things and i think it might be one of the most collected knives out there.i can't see where you could go wrong with a thick stag maybe even elk trapper i think it would sell itself...

I'm not a fan of the trapper pattern. The only exception to that rule is A.G. Russell's interpretation of the sowbelly trapper.....but I've already got one of those.

I guess since the mini coke bottle shape is not on the list.....that would get my vote.....I will have to vote for a whittler , but the warncliffe blade looks so much more impressive!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service