Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Our 12 Days Of Christmas contest has been generously sponsored by TSA Knives.  

There will be 2 ways to enter.  

1) Post to the discussion for each of the 12 days

2) show us how iKC is celebrating the season in your home or work environment (creative use of hat pins maybe?)

I will open this contest discussion on December 13 and the winners name will be drawn on

December 25th!

Tags: 2013, December, Knives, TSA, contest, iKC

Views: 2864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What were the names of the three wise men?

We really don’t know their names, because the Bible doesn’t tell us. However, tradition has it that the wise men who came to honor the infant Jesus were named Gaspar, Balthasar, and Melchior.

Jan Carter said:

**DAY 11****

Two of the three wise men who visited baby Jesus were traditionally known as Melchior and Caspar. What was the name of the third wise man?

good looking pearl, Sue.

Sue OldsWidow said:

I have had this for a couple of years. I thought I might want to oil it, so I thought Santa might want to see it.

Here is a better picture of the knife.

Attachments:

I'd be careful Billy, Santa might prefer that knife to a plateful of cookies and a glass of milk---.LOL

I know that I sure would !! That is a beauty !!

I have just one question left, just one more day and Christmas morning this knife will start its journey to a new home.  I hope you all have enjoyed this as much as Donnie and I have enjoyed seeing iKC in your home and work environments.  It was nice to see how everyone decorates and enjoys the season.

My last question.  You have but one prayer or wish for Christmas day, what will yours be?

First I want to thank God that we don't have but one prayer.  He tells us to pray unceasingly and to bring all things to him.  I have a good friend that I worked with at TVA who was recently severely burnt in an arc flash doing the same job I did for 25 years. I do pray for him daily.  One of our church members just lost his wife.  I pray for that family.  As I think about it, it seems like an almost endless list of needs to be prayed for.

But if I did have just one prayer, and I guess this is sort of selfish on my part considering the many great needs in the world, it would have to be for my wife to be able to get back on her feet and live a normal life again after her lymph edema therapy and knee replacement surgery in January.

The easy answer would be the standard 'Peace on Earth-- Goodwill Toward Men'-- However, I , like Charles, am grateful that we are not limited to the number of prayers we can make, on CHRISTmas day or any other.I am not a kid by any means (60) ,with 2 older brothers, and both of my parents still living at age 90. Selfish, perhaps, but I wish them all a long and happy, heallthy life.I also extend that wish to all my old friends, as well as to my new and many wonderful friends here at IKC !! To those of you who may be hitting a trying time, my prayers are with you daily !! Merry Christmas to all of you, and may God bless you and keep you !!

The one that Jesus taught us.  It begins with "Our Father who art in heaven..." (in my faith)  Others have a slightly different version. 

Original Greek:

Πάτερ ἡμῶν ὁ ἐν τοῖς οὐρανοῖς·
ἁγιασθήτω τὸ ὄνομά σου·
ἐλθέτω ἡ βασιλεία σου·
γενηθήτω τὸ θέλημά σου,·
ὡς ἐν οὐρανῷ καὶ ἐπὶ γῆς·
τὸν ἄρτον ἡμῶν τὸν ἐπιούσιον δὸς ἡμῖν σήμερον·
καὶ ἄφες ἡμῖν τὰ ὀφειλήματα ἡμῶν,
ὡς καὶ ἡμεῖς ἀφήκαμεν τοῖς ὀφειλέταις ἡμῶν·
καὶ μὴ εἰσενέγκῃς ἡμᾶς εἰς πειρασμόν,
ἀλλὰ ῥῦσαι ἡμᾶς ἀπὸ τοῦ πονηροῦ.

Latin Liturgical:

Pater noster, qui es in caelis:
sanctificetur Nomen Tuum;
adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie;
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne nos inducas in tentationem;
sed libera nos a Malo

And a transliteration in Aramaic, the Language of Jesus (According to the words of Matthew 6:9-13)

Avvon d-bish-maiya, nith-qaddash shim-mukh.
Tih-teh mal-chootukh. Nih-weh çiw-yanukh:
ei-chana d'bish-maiya: ap b'ar-ah.
Haw lan lakh-ma d'soonqa-nan yoo-mana.
O'shwooq lan kho-bein:
ei-chana d'ap kh'nan shwiq-qan l'khaya-ween.
Oo'la te-ellan l'niss-yoona:
il-la paç-çan min beesha.
Mid-til de-di-lukh hai mal-choota
oo khai-la oo tush-bookh-ta
l'alam al-mein. Aa-meen.

I always stop and remember our first responders in prayer, hoping that they're not needed, but thankful that they're ready when called.

I'll remember those listed above and those added after me. 

And Toby,  Amen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service