Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I think we need to get a jump on this, so those people who have to plan ahead to purchase one can do so.

Let us discuss and then lockdown a pattern/design, get it priced out and ordered. Buying a knife around the winter holidays is difficult for everyone.

My vote is for a jack/mtnman/barlow-esque pattern Large (or Medium)

Stag/Bone/Burl wood

One/two blades

I would prefer Carbon blades, but an exotic SS is fine.

Views: 4477

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Might I suggest a GEC F & F Bullnose SFO with a Smooth Bone Handle. Just a quick thought. F & F would be reasonably priced. Smooth (or jigged) bone handle would not be prohibitivley expensive. The Bullnose is undoubtley a WORK Knife in any configuration. And with a Bone or Other SFO handle and Blade Etch it would be a unique IKnifeCollector Knife. And affordable just about all Forum, Members. Think about it.

Please keep me posted.  I would be interested in a forum knife.  I'm more concerned with the blade's steel than with anything else.  If it is a knife I like, I certainly will use it.  The knives I don't like I give away. 

The Queen Mountain Man Lock Back with D2 blade and Amber Bone scales sounds good to me. It is already a production knife, and should be less than $100. dollars. What do you think?                         Warren - "Lone Wolf".

HEY JAN, I LOVE THE IDEA OF A STAG SODBUSTER. MAYBE THE GEC 71 BULLNOSE WORKKNIFE PATTERN WITH A STAG HANDLE. I THINK THAT WOULD BE COOL.

how about a funky little dog leg or old time humpback whittler...something out of ordinary?

I like...

jeff said:

how about a funky little dog leg or old time humpback whittler...something out of ordinary?

Automatics are still ILLEGAL to carry in most States. With the exception of Law Enforcement officers and Active Duty Military. They are ILLEGAL to transport accross State Lines.

Jan Carter said:

Passing on an idea from a member

How about an automatic? These have become more legally acceptable in the last few years.

Ken Nasworthy

I would like to see a good quality all around fixed blade that could be used for numerous situations, be it a skinning knife or bait cutter or even a camp knife. Something in the ATS-34 with a micarta or G-10 handle. It seems that the more detailed the knife the greater the cost to own. I am a collector but my colection gets used or it winds up in a box on a shelf or drawer. The knife I carry gets the attention of myself and all those that I hunt, fish or just sit around having conversation with.

Anyway, that's just my "2 cents"...

PS if you do go with a folder I always carry a canoe in my pocket because it fits and is comfortable in any pocket...Semper Fi

It seemed to me that everyone was on their feet when someone brought the clasp to the table. Most any brand. I also think a fine small toothpick could be had for 100.00, something to brag about. I keep mine in my watch pocket for light duty and my edc for business. That's my 2 cents . LOL, Guy

I love seeing designs that are not typical.  I know that sometimes it's not a good idea because the cost is higher.  I think a baby doc pattern with pearl handles, or a stag barlow with a razor blade, or a medium toothpick in abalone.  I'm more of a collector than a user, so my opinion may not sit well with the majority.

Hello Everyone,

How about an Italian Stiletto. 9" Stag scales, Laser etched Blade iKC 2013. I can get in touch with Frank Beltrame for a quote and lead time. I would need a quantity. It doesn't have to be Stag, it could be Brazilian horn, French tip, Blonde horn are just a few examples. What say you?

I wouldn't mind being the go between from us to Frank. Once they're delivered to me I can make the distributions to the members.

John

I like Mtn. Man Lockback, I was looking at it already and would like t add it to my arsenal. Thanks C

Warren L. Strout said:

The Queen Mountain Man Lock Back with D2 blade and Amber Bone scales sounds good to me. It is already a production knife, and should be less than $100. dollars. What do you think?                         Warren - "Lone Wolf".

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
1 hour ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
1 hour ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
3 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
4 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
4 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Friday
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John