Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I have been intrigued by the KaBar Dogs Head, and can find out little about them. I have heard that KaBar Knives are extremely hard to date.

The old ones are very expensive $200-500 and up. Wonder why they are so expensive? Are they rare? Not many around? I seem to see them at shows wherever I go. I sure would like one.

The Dogs Head have been re-introduced - I think in the '70's-and the new ones are very nice. I visited the Cutco/Kabar Cutlery in Olean, NY recently and saw a few.

What do you know about the Dogs Head? Any pictures to post here?

Here is my only one dated I think 70's - maybe 1984 - I think it was a Club Knife.

Views: 1675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are hard to find and some sell very high.

I just got the 2 that I have (Congress and Barlow) in these past 3-4 months. I got to feeling, at my age, if I want them, I deserve them - so I got them. Now the prize would be to get an older one - I probably won't be able to afford that.

Ken, never say never. One might turn up.

Robert, Friday I am going to the Central Ky Knife show and if I remember right there were some there, but the price tags were around $500 - I won't pay that for a knife, I would be afraid to touch it.

Here you go Ken, some beauties at agrussell.com. Ram's Horm.............

Yes Craig, they sure are beauties - I want one of those Rams Horn Dogs Heads. Maybe yet this year.

They sure are pretty.

Here's what I've picked up so far

Real nice collection, Ken.

Thanks Robert

Wow, those look good, Ken! I envy your Dog Head collection, as I have yet to get even one. I have been in a couple of auctions attempting to get one of those Ka-Bar-Lo stag handled Barlow patterns. But I was always outbid. Yours are real beauties! I especially like that Trapper on the bottom! 

Wow, nice Dog collection so far Ken!!  I really like the Dogs Head knives! I use to have some MANY years ago.....wish I kept them. I'm into Case knives right now, but I'm collecting Dogs Head knives vicariously through you Ken, I love seeing them! LOL!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service