Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I recently picked up a NIB ZT0200 from Dave at kershawguy.com, and at the same time I noticed he had the Hinderer designed Cinder in stock, which I was looking forward to checking out.

The Cinder is a tiny keychain knife/bottle opener, but it is big in what it can cut due to the way Rick designed the knife. It is a liner lock, with a detent ball and all -

The knife has teflon washers and feels solid. It took me a few tries to get the one-handed opening going, just because it is very small and I have XL glove sized hands.

I took the knife apart to check it out, and took a few pictures. These are going for 8-10 dollars. Great stocking stuffers or gifts for friends.

Dave also threw in a TX-Tool - I like it! Thanks Dave!

The Cinder has a one piece integral backspacer and non-lock side liner -

Tough glass-filled nylon with a good texture.

Here is a shot from the Kershaw Page showing the blade open -

And the Kershaw information page -
[url]https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/cinder[/url]

And finally, to show the size, a shot next to the ZT0200 -

It probably won't be your highest cost purchase this year, but you might want to try out a Cinder. So far I have used it to open boxes and woodpecker suet cakes. Handy little knife and the three finger grip that Rick designed allows for great leverage - this little guy will surprise you at how much you can do with a 1.4" blade.

best

mqqn

Tags: 1025, Cinder, Hinderer, kERSHAW

Views: 937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I strong-armed Rick into a glamour shot of this knife at Blade. We had a nice discussion about the Cinder, Rick is very proud of the design and was happy to chat about the knife. 

best 

mqqn

Thank you, LEo! 

best 

mqqn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com