Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I have a modest collection of British military knives from WWI and WWII. Does anyone else collect military knives? If so, please post them here. Folders and fixed blades welcome. It would be great to see them.

Views: 17963

Replies to This Discussion

Tobias Gibson said:

Essentially a 6353/1905 made in Canada by Case Subsidiary MS LTD in 1948  These are often mistaken as WWII veterans but this tang stamp is post WWII

Very nice Case Tobias. That is the M346. The pattern was made in the US during WWII for both the US Navy and the Canadian Forces. Then  made in Nova Scotia during 1948-49.  The Canadian made knives are stamped M.S. Ltd XX. After then, production moved back to the US.

FYI, in case anyone was wondering, in  WWI the models were made with spear point blades so chance are this blade was not re=profiled by the user.  Also for thos interested in this pattern, IKC has a group devoted to nautical knives.  I'm sure the folks in that group would love to see your riggers as well.

That looks good to me. The M386 was similar to the British the 6353/1905 but had a sheepsfoot rather than spear blade.

Oops. I meant M346 in my last post.

This is a WWI 6353/1905 made by Joseph Rodgers & Sons.

SK,

Welcome to the Box full of Knives.  This is an excellent idea and some darn fine knives.  The thing with these is they all have a story somewhere.  Wish we knew more about Royston Simkin, love a good knife story!

This is a great discussion.  So far I have seen a number of knives I haven't seen before and some I have only seen in books!  Plus I learned a lot of things like what the little "tin cutter" blade on my knife was.  Discussions like this are what keeps me coming back to iKC. 

Thanks to Smiling-Knife for starting the thread and to everyone else for contributing their photos and their knowledge.  Excellent!

This one  has seen better days but I'm sure it has some stories to tell. It was made by Hunter  Sheffield. With the Broad Arrow I mark it was issued for military service in India during the early 1900s.  I bought it from a fellow collector in Texas who acquired it from someone in Alaska many years ago. It's been around the world and had a hard life,  but now is resting comfortably close to home.

I have a fair sized collection of military knives, bayonets and memorabilia that I've assembled over the years.  My favorites are from Great Britain and its former colonies.  One day I was feeling especially creative and artsy, so I assembled a display case of British memorabilia including military knives and revolvers. This display case contains (from top left corner clockwise) a current issue British RAF pilots survival knife, a combat knife from New Zealand, an Australian L1A1 bayonet, a WWII British spike bayonet, a British "puppy gun" (not military issue), a WWII British sailor's knife (1943), a 50's British army clasp knife, a British WWII era Southern & Richardson combat dagger, a WWII Fairbairn-Sykes commando dagger, and a WWII Webley Mark IV .38/200 cal. "war finish" military issue revolver with correct "web" holster.

My British Empire Arms

Terry that is one of the nicest displays I have seen.

That looks great Terry. Thanks for posting it.

Lee, thanks for the compliment.

Lee Saunders said:

Terry that is one of the nicest displays I have seen.

Smiling-Knife, thanks so much.

Smiling-Knife said:

That looks great Terry. Thanks for posting it.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service