Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This group is for those that collect that great little pattern the Moose. All knife brands are welcome! So lets get Loose and Collect some Moose....patterns. Please post pictures if you can and tell us about them.

Tags: moose-pattern-knives

Views: 1604

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Robert Burris on April 29, 2012 at 15:49

Here is a look at that primitive moose

Reply by Jan Carter on April 29, 2012 at 18:03

wooohooo, a new Moose has come home to stay with Robert

Reply by Robert Burris on April 29, 2012 at 18:31

Yes Mam, you better believe it. It looks so much like ivory, GEC makes some fine Moose pattern knives. This is a great size to collect.

Reply by Robert Burris on May 5, 2012 at 18:28

Miss Jan, I was wondering if you knew the first year that GEC made a Moose pattern knife? Please don't go to, too much trouble, I was just wondering.

Reply by Jan Carter on May 5, 2012 at 18:45

Robert,

Great Eastern introduced the #54 Moose pattern in 2008.

. Reply by Robert Burris on May 5, 2012 at 19:32

Thanks, you are a darling.

Reply by Robert Burris on May 14, 2012 at 17:56

I am wondering if anyone has gotten a new "Moose" pattern knife? I am about to go moose hunting [looking for a moose pattern knife] I need to find another for my collection. Maybe a knife brand that I don't have but I need a large clip point for my use, so I'm sorta stuck to see what GEC comes out with in their next few patterns.

Reply by Billy Oneale on May 14, 2012 at 22:16

Robert, I bid on a Burnt Orange Winchester on ebay a couple of days ago. I didn't win it . It was a nice looking Moose.

Reply by Robert Burris on May 15, 2012 at 10:02

Yep, Billy, Winchester made some fine Moose knives. I have lost a few on Ebay myself.

Reply by Jan Carter on May 17, 2012 at 19:07

I have been looking at this one

Reply by Robert Burris on May 17, 2012 at 19:36

Thats a fine knife but a Moose pilot....no one's gonna get on the plane....lol     Please keep them coming Miss Jan.

Reply by Billy Oneale on May 17, 2012 at 21:29

That's a nice one, Jan. And a Remington 
Reply by Jan Carter on May 18, 2012 at 18:01
I dont know Robert.  Who better to find you a herd of Moose?
Reply by Robert Burris on May 18, 2012 at 18:58

That's a fine Moose, Remington, is one of the knife manufactures that make a fine Moose pattern knife. Case, Bulldog, and Queen is just a few of the knife companies that make this great pattern knife. I think there is alot of others that have recently joined in on the Moose wagon. I think it's a fun pattern to collect, I hope more collectors start collecting them.

Reply by Robert Burris on June 4, 2012 at 12:46

Well, I've bought three knives in a row now and none of them were Moose patterns. No, I have not lost my love of this pattern, it just shows, I love all kinds of knives. The new ones are: first is a Hand Forged fixed blade by a fairly new maker, the next two are older German folders. Ya'll will just have to wait to know more.

Reply by Lee Saunders on June 4, 2012 at 15:35

I ffdon't have any mooses.  I like these so I guess I will have to track down a nice one.

Reply by Robert Burris on June 4, 2012 at 16:45

You will soon find thats not easy. There is not alot of Moose knives for sale.
Reply by Lee Saunders on June 4, 2012 at 19:04

I was gonna trade a Jackalope pattern (??)

Reply by Robert Burris on June 5, 2012 at 17:23

Lee, what the heck is a Jackalope pattern? I've been looking all around to find one and can't seem to get any info. I may have been fooled, thats a good one..lol

Reply by Robert Burris on June 21, 2012 at 13:34

Has anyone been Moose hunting lately....I mean, gotten a new moose pattern knife? I have gotten a couple of new knives but they aren't Moose patterns. I have been looking around but just haven't decided on one yet.

Reply by Jan Carter on June 25, 2012 at 16:44

Robert,

I saw this and thought of you.  It's called the Nessmuk Trio

Reply by Robert Burris on June 25, 2012 at 16:52

Yes Mam, I have been preaching this for a while. Look in the Outdoor Group. I should have mine in there, some others posted what trio they would carry. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm glad you made it through the storm okay.

Reply by Robert Burris on June 26, 2012 at 9:33

Miss Jan, I just relit the candle on my Nessmuk Trio on the Outdoor group. Check it out.

Reply by johnny twoshoes on June 26, 2012 at 10:04

This "Nessmuck Trio" has always brought my interest up for the Moose pattern knife. I'm so glad to have one now, I hardly use it, but I won't be parting with it anytime soon.

I would love to get an actual Nessmuck fixed blade knife, I just haven't run into one. 

Reply by Robert Burris on June 26, 2012 at 13:14

Johnny, I just got a new one that is hammer forged from Larson Forge at a great price. It comes with no sheath but you can get one another way. I had an extra sheath so no problem. This guy does a great job. If you want to see it, look at the Forged knives mini group here in Box Full of Knives. If you are interested, I'll send the price of one to your private page.

Reply by Jan Carter on July 9, 2012 at 18:26

Robert,

That is one sweet knife!

Reply by Robert Burris on July 9, 2012 at 18:38

Thanks Miss Jan, I have been Moose hunting but I just seem to miss out. Johnny, needs for me to show him some great deals on a Nessmuk knife.

Reply by Robert Burris on July 25, 2012 at 15:18

Has anyone been Moose Hunting lately? If so, let's see some Moose pictures. I might reach deep into my collection and post one for ya'll

Reply by Robert Burris on July 26, 2012 at 19:10

Here's a bulldog moose in pearl. How sweet it is! Lol

Reply by Jan Carter on July 26, 2012 at 19:12

Extremely sweet Robert!!

Reply by Robert Burris on July 26, 2012 at 19:18

Thanks Miss Jan, this knife helps me out two ways. I love Bulldogs and you know I love Moose pattern knives.

Reply by Billy Oneale on July 26, 2012 at 23:36

It is SWEET!!!

Reply by Jan Carter on August 5, 2012 at 16:52

Robert,

I know you have plenty of Mooses.  Which one is your favorite to carry?

Reply by Robert Burris on August 5, 2012 at 18:27

My GEC, of course. It has stag handles, I have posted  a picture of it before.

Reply by Jan Carter on August 6, 2012 at 19:08

Good to hear!!!

Reply by Robert Burris on August 6, 2012 at 19:21

With the recent delivery of my Trader lockback, it will round out my 4 knife rotation of EDC knives. I'm behind now on pictures I need to post but if I can I'll post a picture of all 4 knives.

Reply by Craig Henry on August 6, 2012 at 19:26

Nice looking Bulldog Moose Robert! I think you're getting me to like the Moose pattern more than I used to!

Reply by Jan Carter on August 7, 2012 at 17:38

Robert,

Cant wait to see the 4 EDC's.  Get us pics when you can, you know how we love 'em

Reply by Jan Carter on August 30, 2012 at 19:02

Robert, I hope them moooses dont get loose in this weather LOL

Reply by Robert Burris on October 12, 2012 at 20:36

I have fallen behind on my Moose Reports, sorry I will try to keep everyone up to date on all the nice moose patterns that are out there. Yes, Miss Jan, I need to get a picture of those 4 EDC's. I'm hoping to get things going but if any of my friends have a new moose pattern knife they want to show us, I will really be glad.

Reply by Jan Carter on October 15, 2012 at 20:10

Robert, The best looking moose I saw this weekend was stuffed and standing by a door LOL

Reply by Billy Oneale on November 11, 2012 at 19:59

Robert, I have my eye on the new Case Sunset Winterbottom Moose. It is a full size Moose. Colt also has a nice look one in the 175th Anniversary line.

An old Jackson moose pocket knife, late 1800's early 1900's..

Reply by Robert Burris on January 2, 2014 at 15:31

That one sweet Moose, you have there. I like it a lot.

Reply by Steve Scheuerman (Manx) on January 2, 2014 at 15:32

Betcha that beauty has some tales to tell! Great looker, Randy. And welcome to the friendliest little knife community on the 'net!

Reply by Howard P Reynolds on January 2, 2014 at 15:36

I don't have any really old knives, so I love seeing these old knives.

Reply by Randy Druckenmiller on January 2, 2014 at 15:40

A $3 find at a garage sale !

Reply by Steve Scheuerman (Manx) on January 2, 2014 at 16:02

Even better!! Great find.

Reply by Royal Pines Cutlery (aka Joe) on January 2, 2014 at 16:21

$3 bucks!!! Man, what a deal!!!  Great old knife - reminds me of an old Catt.  ... Joe

Reply by Steve Hanner on January 2, 2014 at 18:19

Congratulations on one great find!

Reply by Jan Carter on January 2, 2014 at 18:24

That certainly is a beauty and a fantastic deal!  Thanks for sharing the factory also.  Have you found any info on the company yet?

Reply by Randy Druckenmiller on January 2, 2014 at 18:35

JACKSON KNIFE & SHEAR CO.
Took over business of Sprague Cutlery Co of Buchanan, Michigan
In 1907, became Jackson Shear & Razor Co.; In 1908 became Jackson Shear Co. By 1920, only shears made.
Fremont, Ohio
c. 1893 - 1904

Reply by James Cole on January 2, 2014 at 18:37

I probably like it 'cause its old like me.  Great knife and even better price.

Reply by John McCain on January 2, 2014 at 18:52

I really have to start going to more garage sales !!  $3 for that beautiful old knife ?? SCORE-DOUBLE SCORE !!

Reply by Bob Robinson on January 2, 2014 at 20:00

Nice Moose!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Jan Carter commented on Deb Bowers's status
4 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted a status
"I'm new to this and open to suggestions! All knives are unused, clean, no chips or cracks."
17 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted a status
"Hi! I have about 300 knives I'd like to sell. Does anyone have suggestions on how to start? May I share pictures here?"
18 hours ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Deb Bowers
yesterday
Deb Bowers is now a member of iKnife Collector
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
Jan Carter posted a status
Wednesday
Ellis H. Roberson commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Wednesday
J.J. Smith III replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 10
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9
Bill Martinson posted photos
Jun 9

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!