Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I've 2 more old Buck 110's at my disposal, of the brass and Pakkawood variety. I've done the damascus and wood scale upgrade project already.

What should I do to this single dot/4 pin Buck? I want to hear suggestions from those of you who like myself are interested in seeing something different, outside the box type ideas. Every idea will be considered and none of them scoffed at.

Here is our victim:

Tags: 110, Buck, Modification

Views: 832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am with JJ's vote LOL

Brad T. said:

As I wanted to make this knife completely unique and "outside the box", I have a few blade replacement ideas. Take a look at the sketches I made and give me your thoughts.  These would be made from either .095 1095 or .130 440C.

I know how JJ would vote. It is possible to install a Wharncliff blade on a 110.

We buy alot from Premium.  Great Guys, Great  materials

Brad T. said:

eBay seller Premium Knife supply out of North Carolina.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251249378261?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&...

Who says the 110 has to be strictly a "Hunter". Which is why, this is a "Outside the box" project.

I am really liking that Wharnie blade.

I like the wharnie blade too. Maybe add a shackle to the end.

A shackle/bale on a 110?

NOW THAT IS OUTSIDE THE BOX THINKING! I like the way you think. What else have you got knocking around up there?

I received the acrylic scales from Premium Knife Supply. But, there was an order pulling mistake. I purchase a pair of Royal Blue Pearl and received this:1 - Royal Blue on the Right

1 - ? Blue on the Left

I contacted the seller about the problem and a response was quick. They will send me one of each for the mistake. I have saved them in my preferred sellers list on eBay.

Very nice! I think I like the cool ice blue on the left best. But both are nice.

Glad they responded so quickly.  Excellent customer service!

Anymore ideas? What should the blade be? Bail or not? Royal Blue or Ice Blue Pearl acrylic?

Personally, I slightly prefer the cool ice blue. A Wharncliffe would be cool. Maybe a skinner type blade?

Craig maybe on to something there.  A skinner with cool blue ice?

Well, I will have to draw up a skinner blade tonight. I did receive matching scales today for both the ice & royal blue acrylic scales. As it turns out, the Ice blue has better movement and appeal than the Royal.

So Ice Blue wins.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service