Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This discussion focuses on Official Boy Scouts of  America Knives; Official Girl Scouts of America Knives, and Licensed Commemorative Knives.  I can only assume that the occasional "unofficial scout knife" will show up.  I'll try to point them out when it happens.

Only a handful of knife makers made Official Boy Scout knives.  Below is the list of Makers of Official BSA knives and when they made them:

(Makers who didn’t make four blade camp/utilities are noted*)

• New York Knife  (1911-1931)
  • Remington (1923-1939)
  • Ulster (1923-1940)
  • L F & C [Landers, Frary, & Clark] (1931-1939)
  • *Cattaraugus (1933-1940 - "Whit-L Craft" 3 & 4 blade whittlers)
  • Pal (1940-1942)
  • Camillus (1946-2007)
  • *Western (1948-1979 – Non camp/Utility, fixed blades)
  • Imperial (Early 1950s-1980s, primarily Camillus blade built & re-handled by Imperial)
  • Ulster (1963-1985 round Shield)
  • *Wenger (1982-2002 – Wennger SAKs with BSA logo)
  • *Kershaw (1980s-Present – Non Camp)
  • *Victorinox (2000- Present Vic Saks with BSA logo)
  • China (Taylor Brands. LLC)  2008-Present
  • Bear MGC - 2009-2011 –( non camp knives except for  the 2010 Jamboree Camp knife, possible 2009 production of 2009 camp knife)

Information on Licensed products and Official  Girl Scouts of America knives will follow.  But for now, it is time to show some knives Official BSA knives. 

Views: 6734

Replies to This Discussion

Great looking knife Tobias!  That blue that Case uses is gorgeous..

I've got quite a few Camillus Camp/Utilities.  Unfortunately only one Camillus BSA camp knife.

Camillus USA from pre-1943,  A 1946-1950 era Camp knife, and post 1980 Boy Scout Camp Knife.

Same knives, different views. Note the differing styles of can openers

Ulster Scout

My Western Official Boy Scout. I have a second one that is etched like the one at the top of this discussion  but it is very faint & hard to see.

That's an Excellent Western Fixed blade, Phil.  I keep looking for one but either the quality stinks or the asking price is too high!  One of these days, it'll come together,  Yours is a definite Keeper!  I'm jealous!

Phil Ladwig said:

My Western Official Boy Scout. I have a second one that is etched like the one at the top of this discussion  but it is very faint & hard to see.

I never quite understood why the Deluxe Scout knife lacks a bail!  I like the addition of the phillips Screwdriver but why no bail?   Below is the most recent "China" deluxe with bone scales, most like made under contract by Taylor Brands.

Similar knives were made for the 10th Mountain Division during WWII that had a bail. They fetch a pretty shiny penny these days!

Not quite an Official Boy Scout Knife but an "official" BSA prize knife.  Those who have been around Boy Scouts are probably familiar with Trails End, a company that make the fund raising popcorn sold by the  Boy Scouts.  At one time (the late 1980s early 1990's) Colonial made a knife that was a prize item given to Boy Scouts as an incentive for selling a certain amount of popcorn.

I'm not sure how many were made but I think the only way to get them was by selling popcorn. (could be wrong)  Anyway, I found this one on eBay. Note the Victorinox style can opener blade.  A sign that this was a somewhat more recent vintage. I suspect the blades are 420 as this is what Colonial was using at the time on its lower end knives.  Knife was made in Prov. RI  USA

What about Kutmaster?

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service