Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

No respect is right. My first knife was a schrade and I still have it along with a collection of old timers and uncle henry's. Well made knifes and have held up for years. I'll post some pic's later of the small collection I have.

Views: 566

Replies to This Discussion

I just looked at my post above and noticed I put "...$8 shipped.." I WISH. Got it for under $80 shipped.

Well not inexpensive but sure looks nice Brad... I have not seen too many of those!

Good one Brad! 

I still can't get over the prices the old delrin handled Schrades go for now! I guess it's like when a painter dies....the prices for his paintings go way up! LOL!

After I pay for the 2013 iKC knife I have to get a nice 15OT.
What did this knife go for back in the early 70's?

Craig Henry said:

Good one Brad! 

I still can't get over the prices the old delrin handled Schrades go for now! I guess it's like when a painter dies....the prices for his paintings go way up! LOL!

Gee Brad, let me think......if my old worn out brain remembers right (maybe someone else has a better memory), in 1980, maybe somewhere around 15 bucks.

Everyday Schrades were not expensive knives way back when. They were made for using. Collectors rarely bought the everyday ones for collecting. In fact collectors complained all the time that Schrade didn't use bone and stag on their everyday using knives so they'd appeal to both user AND collector. 

That's a real beauty, Brad! Highly sought after due to the very short time time they were made. Looks like you scored a nice one at a fairly reasonable price considering how much they're going for these days.

Yeah, that seems like a decent price nowadays. I saw one listed for $164.00!!!! Geez.....

15OT & 156OT - Apparently waiting is not my strong suit, because I wasn't going to buy a 15OT until after I paid for the Club knife. The price was cheaper than my previous experience for both of these, so I snatched 'em up.

I believe that bottom one is a 154OT not a 156OT? I'm sure that's what you meant? And it's a nice score on both of them! I have a friend who always tells me that "the best time to buy something is when you see it!"

Happy Saturday, my friend!

Ron, you are right. I have both, they are the same with the exception that the 156 has a guthook.

Two good "old" Schrades....tough as nails!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service