Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Show them off here.

Views: 8270

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, very interesting. My knife does have the " /I\ " marks on it, along with the S S P 1942 marks. It is very heavy duty and looks like a knife that went through a war.

I want to thank everyone for the info on my knife. All though I don't collect this pattern, I may keep it in my WWII collection of stuff in general. Just knowing it was a military issue knife for WWII, makes it a lot more interesting and collectable for me. Thanks again guys for ya'll effort. 

Has anyone collected a vintage Hobo pattern lately? I have been too busy collecting Barlow's and Scouts and I haven't seen one I like in my price range. I love the really old Hobo's.

Robert, by old, I'm guessing you mean from pre WWII. or maybe even pre-Great War.  My oldest is from the 1950s!  One of these days.  In the meantime I'll have to admire the ones you've shown.

Yea, WWII or older. They are hard to find and then the price sometimes is out of sight. That collection is going slower than all the rest. I to, have to enjoy the few I have.

Below are two more examples of the British pattern 317 3 blade clasp knife.  The purpose is to show the differences between the tin cutters.

First up my W & SB 1943 clasp knife.  This one has the earlier tin cutter/ can opener.  It lacks the bottle opener

This second one is an unbranded modern era copy of the later pattern clasp knives.  I need to do more research but I believe the new blade started showing up very end of WWII and were more common in the Korean War.  They were deemed obsolete in 1952 when they Brits officially switched the stainless steel slab sides.

Tobias, thanks for the update and the photos. Knife history is so interesting.

Been a while since I bought something so i really haven't had anything new to put up, My latest purchase was this  Craftsman Camp Knife.  Overall price was $18.00 ($14.00 + $4.00 shipping anf handling)  The overall condition  I would put at Used, Very Good.  The blades are full, really good snap, no wobble.  Really tight scales, very little wear. .Absolutely no light shines through the back springs.  Tang stamp extremely clear (Craftsman/ USA 9549.  Nice patina.  Only problem is some round on the screwdriver tip. Much better than I thought it would be.

Real nice, I've been looking at a Craftsman Scout.

Tobias, thats a great find and a good price to. That Craftsman looks in very good shape. A great addition to your collection.

Thanks everyone.  I too have been looking for a good Craftsman Scout.  Now  for a Wards, a Kent, EC Simmons Keen Kutter, Shapleigh Keen Kutter, etc, etc, etc.   LOL

Is that a Simmons that bought out Schrade back in the 1920's?

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service