Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I know I'm not the only one.  I love the Scout knives.  I don't care if you call it the Camillus C-4 pattern, Boy Scout knife, camp knife or what have you; I think it is one of the greatest and long lived patterns out there. 

Just about every knife maker in the world has made one so no matter what brand you collect you should have at least one Scout/camp/hobo.  and if you don't have one and you go hiking, camping, fishing or some other type of outdoor activity what knife are you carrying in you pocket and what have you done with it?

Here is one of mine.  It is the Case Scout Jr. (one of the few that probably won't be carried.)

This catagory now has its own Group

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE NEW GROUP

Views: 12757

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Can't believe I didn't post my recently purchased Case BSA scout jr.  The navy blue bone is really nice.

VERY nice Case Scouts Toby!!

The blue looks better than I thought it would.

That's a nice Scout knife Toby. I like the blue bone scales.

This is a Camillus from WWII.

Very nice Camillus!!  I love that bone!

That is indeed a beautiful bone on that Camillus and it is in great shape!

Tobias, is the other one amber jigged?

Jan, yes the other Scout jr is the amber jigged bone.  Case makes a really nice amber jigged.  I think they make justabout everything in it, as it is a very popular handle.

Smiling Jack, that is one nice 4-liner you got there!  I'm not sure if I got around to putting my USA Camillus up or not but will now.  The USA on the shield actually stands for United States Army, not the United States of America.  Camillus also had USN (Navy), USMC (Marines), and two or three other shields - Medical Corps, Signal Corps,  I need to go through my sources again but I think that also made knives with a United States Army Air Force (USAAF). shield.  As far as I know, the 4 line tang  stamp (Camillus/Cutlery Co./Camillus N.Y./USA) should be on any the knives with these shields and that style can opener.

Obverse side.  Fixed blade is a modern era Ontario M3 trench knife in M8A1 army issued bayonet scabbard.  Also pictured an modern era (1995) Camillus utility knife

Reverse side of same 4 line USA Camillus.  Bone is in excellent shape with no chips or cracks. Minor tarnish on blades and bolster but knife was lightly used and well cared for over the years. If the knife was ever sharpened the person who did it knew what they were doing! Most of the blade scratches are rub marks from opening and closing.

USAAF would be a great one to find!

Thanks for the further information and nice knives Toby. This is a camper Sheffield style.

Now that's a nice old one Smiling-Knife! Interesting old jigging!

Hey Toby, are you gonna get any of the Frost Sharpkidz Scout knives?

You know that really irked me!  Sharpkidz is being highly promoted by Kevin Pipes and the folks at Smoky Mountain Knife Works.  Yet for some reason with over twenty different store brands including Rough Rider, Marbles and Colt they contract the first production run of the Sharpkidz knife out to Jim Frost & Company.   I'm really not sure if I'll buy it or not.  I've seen the double-warrior scout knives and they look like they're put together well enough (especially for $13) but I'm a little miffed why Mr. Pipes didn't make this in the Rough Rider line.

I was thinking the same thing when I got the Christmas Catalog, last week.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Deb Bowers
8 hours ago
Deb Bowers is now a member of iKnife Collector
8 hours ago
Mike Bryant posted photos
12 hours ago
Kevin D posted a status
"Last 2 weekends were completely 'horse' weekends. This weekend I hope to get back to the forge and getting some other knife work done."
yesterday
Jan Carter posted a status
Wednesday
Ellis H. Roberson commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Wednesday
J.J. Smith III replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Monday
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9
Bill Martinson posted photos
Jun 9
Kevin D replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 9
George R Naugle commented on Terry Waldele's group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 9

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service