Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Boys don't carry pocket knives anymore- in fact they will get in trouble if they do. In the big cities, guys carry a Blackberry or an iPhones. A lot of guys hardly ever have anything in their pockets- not even coins.

Here we proudly proclaim to be a bona fide, card carrying member of the EDC Club.

Now let's lay the cards on the table for a Show and Tell. What's your knife? Do you swap out or keep the same one day after day? How about a picture added to your reply-

Tags: Club, EDC, knife, pocket

Views: 6245

Replies to This Discussion

Is that a ka-bar Hog?

Hog Hanner said:

Here is the one I have been talking about all over town. Finally got a decent picture, a little worn but hey I use it everyday, multiple times a day!

Is that a ka-bar Hog?

It sure is Chris and I am really very enthusiastic about it! It is partially serrated and obviously a tanto style blade. The pocket clip lets it ride high on my pocket for easy retrieval. And it is easy one hand opening which is usually how it goes with too many things in one hand and me trying to cut something with the other. The other thing I like about it is the thing is bullet proof. I mean drop it, step on it, lose it in the rocks it doesn't break. The best part is its a breeze to sharpen. The squared edges make for a few easy passes on the stone and you can cut paper!
That's awesome, I have a green g10 handled k2 clip point with warthog blade, it's my default everything knife. Cable ties to cardboard it cuts it all, been abused (cut down 3" maple retrieve stick for dog) and still keeps ticking. IMHO, I own a few semi expensive knives, which I don't want to abuse, for 20 bucks this keeps coming back for more. Like you said sharpens easy, swish with the lansky dog bone and it's a razor again, and that doesn't need to be done often. Good wide belly blade, easy to choke up on for fine cutting. Cheap, under recognized, edc knife.
Pics to follow

Hog Hanner said:

Is that a ka-bar Hog?

It sure is Chris and I am really very enthusiastic about it! It is partially serrated and obviously a tanto style blade. The pocket clip lets it ride high on my pocket for easy retrieval. And it is easy one hand opening which is usually how it goes with too many things in one hand and me trying to cut something with the other. The other thing I like about it is the thing is bullet proof. I mean drop it, step on it, lose it in the rocks it doesn't break. The best part is its a breeze to sharpen. The squared edges make for a few easy passes on the stone and you can cut paper!

Chris Hillier said:
That's awesome, I have a green g10 handled k2 clip point with warthog blade, it's my default everything knife. Cable ties to cardboard it cuts it all, been abused (cut down 3" maple retrieve stick for dog) and still keeps ticking. IMHO, I own a few semi expensive knives, which I don't want to abuse, for 20 bucks this keeps coming back for more. Like you said sharpens easy, swish with the lansky dog bone and it's a razor again, and that doesn't need to be done often. Good wide belly blade, easy to choke up on for fine cutting. Cheap, under recognized, edc knife.
Pics to follow

Sounds great Chris, absolutely can agrre with that. When you get a chance post a picture I'd love to see it!
I mainly EDC this Case Mini Copperlock, I sometimes swap her out for my 89 Case Yellow Composite Trapper (carbon steel)(that i apparently dont have a picture of)

that's a mighty beautiful knife Dustin!!

Dustin Robinson said:
I mainly EDC this Case Mini Copperlock, I sometimes swap her out for my 89 Case Yellow Composite Trapper (carbon steel)(that i apparently dont have a picture of)
Here's the pic of my Ka-Bar Hog
Attachments:
That's a great looking knife Chris. Could be an ad for ka-bar stuck into that tree that way. Northwoods tough! It looks heavy duty and very sturdy too.
Haha maybe we should run that ad campaign by them!
I abuse that poor knife every chance I get and it keeps coming back for more, I'm already shopping for another in case I ever manage to break it!

Hog Hanner said:
That's a great looking knife Chris. Could be an ad for ka-bar stuck into that tree that way. Northwoods tough! It looks heavy duty and very sturdy too.

Dustin Robinson said:

Like that one Dustin, looks like it gets some use! Really like that long pull on it. Yeah I have a Case yellow trapper Chrome Vandium blade but I retired it for the ka-bar (picture below)

I carry the Lone Wolf Blackfoot. Beautiful knife made from CPM-S30V steel and checkered Ebano wood handles.

Sharp looking knife in both ways Leo, do you find the handles have enough grip? I worry they are too smooth, like my DejaVoo. Looking at the pics the Blackfoot looks better than other Lone Wolf knives, any one with insight?

Leopold Lacrimosa said:
I carry the Lone Wolf Blackfoot. Beautiful knife made from CPM-S30V steel and checkered Ebano wood handles.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service