Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Here is a place to post those Steel Warriors and Frost branded knives. I know that a lot of you out there have them. I have heard mention of them from time to time.. I started really getting into collecting on a lot of these because you could get whole sets for very little money. S0 here is a place that you can show them.

Views: 6509

Replies to This Discussion

Case, Corelon can also be had via SMKW but the price is the "Frost" price.  Occasionally Frost says it is Michael Prater knife.   I'm not sure what the deal is there.

Supposidly,  Prater made the corelon, for Frost.  Frost then has CASE put them on.

I have a set made in the Cat Eye corelon.

Guys,I personally love these and the Rough Rider knives.I been collecting several

years but money has gotten tight over the last few years and I need somewhere to sell my knives.

Is there a good place here to sell them?

I am a GOLD member at Bladeforums,and Knifedogs,but most everyone there has a problem

owning anything Imported if it has to do with Knives.

I think it is mostly there reputations getting tarnished.lol

I mean,no one seems to own TV,DVD,Phones,etc. made overseas,but it is forbidden to talk knives

that have been Imported....I Love my knives,but i really got carried away a few years back and bought

everything I saw.lol

Now I am out of work and really need to pass these onto others who Love them as much as myself.

If you need to look at my feedback,etc.

I have no problem with that either.

I probably know some of you guys from this,or other Forums anyway.

Like I said,I will probably regret selling these down the road,but now i can't worry about that.

Thanks,and any help appreciated,

JD

msjdracing@rtmc.net

I am in N.Carolina,same place for 50 years too.

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/JDRacing/Single%20Blade%20Sli...[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/JDRacing/firstofmycollectionj...[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/JDRacing/partcolljpg1.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Jeff.  Glad to see you made it.  If you're looking to sell or trade go to the iKC home page and look under forums.  There is one called Knives for sale or trade

J.D. I also got carried away with a lot of imports. Problem with me is I like a lot of them as much as my USA made knives. I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't like them. Good to see another Sharpfan on this forum. There are a lot of Sharpfans on this site.

Here is a nice little Steel Warrior I got with a purchase on ebay. It was an extra knife that I didn't expect. I think it is a sharp looking knife. Frost is the only one that has made any scale like this that I know of.

what is the material on that scale Billy?

Jan, I think is is a green pakawood. Frost uses pakawood on a lot of his products.

And in case you were wondering, Pakkawood does not come from the mythical Pakka Tree  It is the trademark name for a type of laminated wood.   Basically several layers of veneers are sandwiched together with a phenolic thermosetting resins (fancy words for glue) under intense heat and pressure to form an extremely strong and durable  material originally designed to be used as flooring, I think.   The cool (or annoying) thing about pakkawood is that it is easy to dye the veneers and by combining different colored veneers, you can create a rainbow of colors both in natural and not so natural colors. (hence "Frost Wood")

Because the glue impregnates the wood and all the surfaces are then combined through pressure and heat pakkawood is less likely to split than regular wood and is stronger than many naturally occurring woods.  Basically what you wind up with is a wood version of  Mikarta or Delrin that is water-proof and extremely durable that can easily but cut and sanded.  Pakkawood is not just used on knives made in China.  Several US made knives including brands such as Camillus, Remington, and Bear & Son have used pakkawood or other trademarked  brands of wood laminates.

My Bear & Son pakkawood handled BSA Barlow.  A really great knife for the money.

It certainly makes for nice combinations and endless fun!

Here is a set of Green Smooth bone 35th Anniversary knives.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service