Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12318

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jan, thanks for the info, I'm looking into that now.

I really do like the scales on here so loosing them wouldn't be any fun. 

Robert, this knife will get some real good use, I expect to really get into some fun cutting with this one. It will be going to the farm with me this year I'm sure. Functionally it is extremely sound, it doesn't move a bit. It's a great user and I expect to enjoy my tests.

Well, the Moose's first cut test was a really good one.

My neighbor stopped by the other night with a bag of PA Deer Bologna, he makes it himself after all the hunters in his family get a deer. He was pretty excited to see what we thought of it so I pulled out the Moose and I cut a couple chunks off, he laughed and said, "Thats the way to do it". The Moose cut through the Deer like it was hot butter. I have a good friendship with this thing already and I can just see it getting better.

It reminds me a lot of my favorite #73.

The long Tidioute shield in the middle of some beautiful carved bone scales. They are going to match well after some pocket time.

Big fan of GEC.

My latest is a Burnt Stag White Owl.

It's my latest EDC knife for now.

At least until the Watchpocket Sunfish is available or maybe the Lumber Jack or Wangler

I've been lazy lately & haven't posted any new knife pics. Here are the latest additions (I guess I should have wiped off the table -oops):

Tom, you have been busy not lazy. I love those HJs! What's the first one made out of?

Nice ones, Tom.  I need that osage orange & bubinga wood.  I don't  think they've done osage orange before.  (??)  Wasn't sure I'd like 'em without the rear bolster, but I'm real glad I got over that.  Everything about them looks right, even down to the shield. 

Johnny, what do you think of that big clip point blade on that moose. Boy if they made a 23 lockback with a big clip point like that they would sell like hot cakes. In the single blade of course. Enjoy your new moose my friend,

Thanks Perry & Bass,

First one is Osage Orange. Bass to the best of my limited knowledge they have not used it before - but I may be wrong. It's pretty but it looks like someone with oily hands picked it up unless the black staining is a natural thing? These are my first knives in either Osage Orange or Bubinga.

That is indeed the first Osage Orange.  I am sure since it is an SFO, it was picked by the dealer offering them.  Great pick though.  I really like it and hope they do more in it.

James,

Thanks for sharing.  I also like the white owl. If you can share some pics with us 

Tom, ouch!!!

Those are awesome, I really like those jack knives. It's impossible to beat those #72s though.

Robert, I think I would own a few dozen if they went with the same style of clip blade.

Dat's what I'm talking about, Johnny!

Yeah, I'm looking at the beautiful stag big jacks right now. Just too nice to resist.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service