Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12316

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome, I get to see two shows. If you would like to see some patina stained, or stainless and scratched up GECs, I'll bring mine. :) I use every GEC I own, but one.

I look forward to just meeting you guys, if I could spend a little time enjoying the view of your knives, that would be awesome. I'd really love to see the beavertail collection for sure. My brother says from now on, he's only getting me GEC beavertails.

P.S.

What day are you gonna be at the show, some things got freed up at my Mom's work, so I'd like to know what day you plan on being there. Thanks Jan

I'm pretty sure they originally meant to make it Red Wine Bone. Somewhere along the line it just ended up a little different.So,now,Ruby Red it is.I know Chris spent most of yesterday re-doing labels.Whatever you call it,it will still be GREAT knife!

Thanks Bob. 

I sure thought I read "Red Wine Bone" when the Wharncliffe picture first appeared, but I obviously misread it.

Either way, I like the two different bone jigging patterns and either color is attractive.

I have been carrying and using a pair of the previously run #72's, one with the Clip blade and one with the Wharncliffe.  I find special uses for both throughout the day and can't make up my mind which one I use the most, so I guess the solution to that "problem" is to get one of each!  Keeps things simple that way.

What are the scales on them #72s Dave?

I've been cruising different forums trying to get my fill of #72s, and all their beauty. I'm on pins and needles waiting for my knife's arrival, it was shipped yesterday, and it's only coming from WV, so it shouldn't be but a couple days. My plan is to put this one to the test, and see how it goes. 

My #72's are both bone. 

The Clip Blade is a Tidioute "PPP" release with Ruby Red Jigged Bone. 

The Wharncliffe blade is in Evergreen Jigged Bone.

Both are attractive and both blades useful for different purposes.

I just heard that these new #72's are also going to be released in a run of Genuine Stag.

I had understood it was to be Burnt Stag but I now hear Genuine Stag, which in my opinion is an excellent choice along with the American Elk for this knife.  I know I'll be lurking in the shadows waiting to grab one of those!

Can't wait to hear when your new 72 arrives.  Mine will depart from MN today so you will have yours before I get mine.  I'm going with the Clip Blade, (as you suggested),  in Red Wine Bone.    My GEC Distributor feels these 72's will sell out quickly as he is getting a lot of interest in them, especially the Elk and Stag models.  You were smart in reserving you Elk early.

Glad to hear you have one on the way Dave, I think the clip is an awesome choice too. I'm excited to try out the stainless in these lockbacks, I already know it's good, but if these knives are the tanks I'm hoping they are, they'll get some good pocket time.

I was like a kid in a candy shop when I heard about the Elk Stag #72s. My experience with the #12 toothpick in American Elk stag was nothing but bliss, so I'm figuring the #72 will be equally wonderful. I've always had a thing for lockbacks, and I have a feeling GEC's is awesome, so I'm really impatient for this one. 

I love the guarantee of having one reserved, it's an added safety net. If I missed one I would never forgive myself. 

I Can't wait Dave, I hope the clip was a good choice for you, I know I'll love it for sure.

Dave, it's burnt stag my friend.

At least thats the info I've gathered, either way it will be a beautiful knife for sure.

I'm really happy to have finally added a #72 to the stock, I think a single blade locker will be perfect for my uses, and from what I understand the backspring is really smooth. Well I'll be seeing soon I guess.

God Bless

And you are absolutely correct.  There are no Genuine Stag 72's in the schedule. 

My source of that previous information was in error.

They will indeed be Burnt Stag and not Genuine Stag.

I wouldn't feel bad about it Dave. The whole deal with the GEC 72's was a last minute change at the Factory, well the release from the Factory anyway, and there was a lot of confusion among some of the Distributors,and Collectors,until we got it all sorted out. It was Burnt Stag,and probably very limited.

Bob

Thanks for the added info Bob, a little confusion never hurt anyone, right dave?

Thanks Bob. 

I was kind of  hoping for a run in Genuine Stag and when I heard, (in error), that there were to be some released I got excited about it.  No harm done and $$ saved on my part, so I'll still go for the Jigged Bone and the American Elk.

Well no Red Wine today, but I'll be ready tomorrow, I wasn't in a good knife mood today anyhow. :) And I don't to be grumpy to my GECs. Until tomorrow my new knife friend.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service