Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I was talking with my Grandson the other day, and I told him, "I like old knives" - he said "I like the new ones".  I shared that with my wife and she said "you gotta be old to like the old things".  Maybe she is right. I find myself more and more liking older things, sayings, buildings, guns, knives, and a large assortment of older things. Seems like things made more sense (to me anyway) in the good ole days.

So when were the good ole days?? For me (I'm 67) the good ole days were in the 60's. When it comes to knives, I like a knife that was made either before I was born (1946) or at least before I graduated from High School (1964). I graduated in Arcade, New York and was surrounded by great cutleries, and didn't even think about it at the time. How many times have I driven by the Robeson factory in Perry, NY and didn't even know it.

Anyway, I like old Knives. I like all knives, but especially the older ones. Lets use this discussion to show some-of what you may think as an older knife. Looking forward to seeing a taste of "the good ole days".

Tags: Old, Robeson, Vintage, knife, knives, older

Views: 5921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wouldn't it be neat if we could all get together somewhere and talk about "The Good Ole Days". Oh well, that's just a "getting there" ole man talking. Its fun talking right here on IKC.

Tobias, what is the history on those Easy Opens, do they still make them or are they a thing of days gone by.??

Ken,

Have you considered the chat function on iKC?  I'm sure it could be done!

I've been thinking about it, maybe I'll try it sometime. Thanks Tobias.

I see them for sale hear and there but I don't see them in any of the catalog of American Knife makers. I have seen a two blade easy open with spear and pen for some time.  The only thing I've seen or recent vintage are the coping blade electrician knives  I know the Army and Navy contracts were cancelled during WWII, however civilian production continued.

I've got some PDF of old Camillus catalogs, I'll do some perusing and see what I can figure out.

Ken Spielvogel said:

Tobias, what is the history on those Easy Opens, do they still make them or are they a thing of days gone by.??

Here is a nice ole pre WWII Camillus Army Knife

Some very beautiful and interesting knives here. This knife is no longer in my care, but I thought everyone might enjoy it. 1913-1920 bowtie fishtail. tang reads "case Bradford"

Ken Spielvogel said:

Here is a nice ole pre WWII Camillus Army Knife

Attachments:

George, post a pic of it. Bet its nice.

Just got this old Robeson # 623191 dated 1922-1939 from "The Good Old Days"

Here is an old time Cattaraugus I picked up yesterday. Its a large Jack, great snap and very solid knife. I think I paid a bit more than it was worth on ebay, but I really like it. After all, I collect them. What do you think?

I like both of them, Ken. How do you date a Robeson?

I just look at the stamping, find it on the chart, and get a good estimate date. My chart is in The Standard Knife Collectors Guide, but there is a good chart that someone put in my discussion "Robeson Stampings".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service