Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I didn't see this knife reviewed in the Tops Knives group on iKC, so I wonder if any of you outdoors guys have used this Tops BOB knife.  I saw a review of it on YouTube, and seems like a sturdy knife.  It has a "Mora" grind that some folks love in an outdoor knife, and it's 1095 carbon.

Views: 1037

Replies to This Discussion

Well that sucks!  I thought   TOPS knives had this clip attached to the sheath on plate that attached to the sheath with a couple screws.  Maybe some do but this one definitely is a permanent fixture!  As a southpaw, I'm a tad miffed!

Just checked,  The clip on my Cheetah doesn't rotate but it can be flipped to the other side of the sheath or removed. ( I removed mine as I've set it up as a neck-knife.

Yeah, me too!  I don't remember if I mentioned it here on iKC, but any place you are going where a knife like this (or bigger) is indicated, a handgun would also be appropriate.  So, with most people being right handed, where is the handgun supposed to go if the knife is on the right side?  As you mentioned, some knife manufacturers who supply Kydex sheaths with their knives do so with a rig than can be moved to the other side, and I thought Tops would do this.  Maybe I have to start making my own Kydex sheaths.

Tobias Gibson said:

Well that sucks!  I thought   TOPS knives had this clip attached to the sheath on plate that attached to the sheath with a couple screws.  Maybe some do but this one definitely is a permanent fixture!  As a southpaw, I'm a tad miffed!

Howard,

If you do that, will you do me a favor and also put the info in the group for beginning knifemakers?  Kydex seems to be more difficult to work with than some imagined.  Although I see the material as appropriate for outdoor sheaths, I can not say I know much about it.

Jan,

I looked around on the internet a little and there are some tricks and tips that make it easier for a do-it-yourselfer.  Such as, using the kitchen oven to heat it up so it can be folded around the knife (don't have to buy a heat gun).  Also, you can use a toolbench (wood) vise, assuming the blade is shorter than the vise, to mold the Kydex around the blade - and a little of the handle so you don't have to buy a special vise.

When I get around to the project I will post it. 

Jan Carter said:

Howard,

If you do that, will you do me a favor and also put the info in the group for beginning knifemakers?  Kydex seems to be more difficult to work with than some imagined.  Although I see the material as appropriate for outdoor sheaths, I can not say I know much about it.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service