Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Tags: stamp, tag, unknown

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As most of you have read John has been helping me try to identify the maker of these knives for a recent widow.  It is a small collection and value maybe dependent on who this is.  They lived in both GA and FL he attended shows at both, that maybe a clue.  There are two more tangs I am looking at

Jan, The COIL stamped knife I have IDed and compared his mark to other known examples- The maker is Jimmie Johnson Coil  of Owensboro, Ky. who unfortunately passed away in 2012.He was a part-time maker who started in 1974 and was a member of the Knifemakers Guild. His work is highly thought of, and his knives can run up to $750.  Since he has passed, his work may be more valuable now.  

Nice!! I will see if I can find some recent sales to compare. John you are awesome!

The S. Hill custom is made by Steve E. Hill a well-known maker who started making knives in 1978 and a full-time maker since 1989--- His high-end knives are works of art and sell for thousands--- He has made knives for legendary rock stars, including David Crosby, Ted Nugent, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steven Tyler, etc. here is a link to his website and a pic of one of his knives taken from the website to confirm the makers mark. Be sure and read the about me section-- This guy has had an interesting life !! http://www.stevehillknives.com/  here is another link showing some prices- http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/Steve-Hill.aspx

Okay folks, I could  use your help on the 2 knives marked L.E.D in script letters.--- I suspect these were early knives made by Larry E. Duvall of Gallatin, Missouri--Later knives by this maker show a different stamp--- However, it is not uncommon for a maker to change his stamp as he becomes better known---If any of you fine folks can confirm or deny this, or have any info on who the maker might be--please help--- As Jan said before, the difference between selling a known makers custom and an unknown maker is substantial, and the widow seriously needs the money---Help if you can--Thanks

BTW, searching for info on this makers knives is problematic because of the initials L.E.D.--- No matter how you input a search, it comes up with references to flashlights and bulbs--- Thus, the request for assistance

Dang,  i was looking for L&D.

Sorry JJ, I should have put out what those initials are!

That's what I get trying to use the phone again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service