Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Did that EDC just take a ride around in your pocket or did it do something useful?  Let's hear about it, What knife were you carrying and what did you do with it?

I'm probably picking the wrong day to start this conversation. Today my EDC (a Spartan Lite) has so far only cut open a plastic bag and cut a bread roll in half for my sandwich at lunch.

Now last Friday was a different story.  My Victorinox Outrider cut down four  saplings (3 Sassafras trees and one Oak tree )   Then my Rough Rider 844 hacked off extraneous branches and stripped off the bark.  I was showing 12-14 year old boys how to select and make a proper hiking stick.  Now all they need to do is wait a year while the saplings dry out!

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Craig, I have a four footed furry companion here who absolutely owns the house and me with it. 

Ain't it great? !!

Craig Henry said:

You and me both Dave! I'm an old softy when it comes to animals! LOL! Shoot, Sophie (The Princess) our mini Dachshund lives better than we do! 

It just rode in my pocketbook today :(

Yesterday, my EDC was used to put in drywall screws at my daughter's new apartment.  The #2 phillips on the knife fit the screws better than the cordless screw driver.  Go figure!  Also used the knife blade for cutting up cardboard boxes.  Thank you Victorian for providing me a pocket sized tool box!

Well Tobias, I have to be honest with that question. I put them in my pocket this morning, 2 Lockbacks, a RR and a Case. I went out to the farm, took a break, sat outside my cabin, put the knives on the arm of the chair, opened them, closed them - then opened them and closed them again, wiped them with my T-shirt and put them back in my pocket. That's about it for today, but I sure enjoyed them.

did you hear that, Ken?  Listen closer.  It's the knives in your pocket begging you to cut something!  They don't care what it is, just cut something.  A sheet of paper, a piece of cardboard, a plug of tobacco (if you indulge).  Spread some butter on your morning toast.  Stab your pork chop and gnaw on it like a wild savage. Your  EDC knives are begging to be used!  Do you realize that when you return it to the other knives in your collection and the other knives ask it "What did you do on your tour in the pocket?"  And all your knives can say is "well he took me out of his pocket and he opened me up and closed me and put me back in his pocket." -- Can you imagine the embarrassment! 

Okay, so maybe your knife can't say he rode into battle with the Third Army in WWII.  However,I think a knife would rather say it shoveled sh*t in Louisiana than rode around all day in a lint filled pocket!   Now get out there and use those knives!

There are days that my pocket knife gives me moral support even if it doesn't go into battle! LOL! 

Yes Sir Sgt Tobias, right away sir.    lol

I hear them Sir. They are talking to me.

I will cut something tomorrow - probably fishing line.

BIG fish! Nice one Ron!!!!

Excellent Musky Ron, hope your rib gets better, a fish like that, it would be worth a cracked rib, to me.

You didn't find your stand in his mouth did you? That's where I hid it.

OK today I went fishing on the Ohio River - took 2 knives - a Case and a RR - cut line with one and cut bait with the other. So I used them.

Ken, what were you fishing for?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service