Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Did that EDC just take a ride around in your pocket or did it do something useful?  Let's hear about it, What knife were you carrying and what did you do with it?

I'm probably picking the wrong day to start this conversation. Today my EDC (a Spartan Lite) has so far only cut open a plastic bag and cut a bread roll in half for my sandwich at lunch.

Now last Friday was a different story.  My Victorinox Outrider cut down four  saplings (3 Sassafras trees and one Oak tree )   Then my Rough Rider 844 hacked off extraneous branches and stripped off the bark.  I was showing 12-14 year old boys how to select and make a proper hiking stick.  Now all they need to do is wait a year while the saplings dry out!

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We first fished for Striped Bass and usually have success with them, then we switched to Catfish and usually get a few at least of them. Today O for O. But it was nice out on the river and we had a good time.

That's how it goes sometimes, I tell people all the time, that's why they call it "Fishing" and not "Catching"....lol

I've had some of my best days fishing not getting anything. LOL! 

Yes, but I would rather get something.

I had a plaque in my office that said, A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office.

All I did with my EDC (a Case Mini Blackhorn) today was open mail.

My A..G Russell spearpoint framelock cut some of the excess leather from a sheath I'm making.

Charles, that plaque speaks the truth - glad I don't work in an office, except this one for fun.

The Benchmade Pinnacle Goldclass is just taking a ride today, but I have the Uncle Henry 885 riding in my Schrade Horizontal belt sheath for anything needing being done. So I am covered. It is still too early to say what I have done as I haven't left my desk since 6:30am.

I barely got out of my office at all yesterday. Neither knife was pulled for work. 

Brad T. said:

The Benchmade Pinnacle Goldclass is just taking a ride today, but I have the Uncle Henry 885 riding in my Schrade Horizontal belt sheath for anything needing being done. So I am covered. It is still too early to say what I have done as I haven't left my desk since 6:30am.

Today is the 581 Barrage and the 885UH (again). The Barrage opened my Paycheck and sliced up some Mexican sweetbread. Not really hard work, but my "hard work" days as an employee are pretty much behind me now.

Today, my Spartan Lite got a bath! Apparently some time yesterday the little fella ran into some sticky gooey stuff.  Now it is ready to cut up an apple and maybe make a few pointy sticks!

Today, my old Robeson opened up 2 packs of batteries, takes a knife to cut the plastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service