Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

So boredom I guess has me wondering...

What kind of cars do we knife collectors drive? 

Do any of us also collect cars?

What kind of car do we think fits us best? 

So for me....

I currently drive a 2008 Cadillac CTS.  And I love it, but it is time to start thinking of something new to get excited abbout.

I used to try to collect cars.  I was kinda sick shortly after getting the Caddy and got rid of my other cars. 

At the time I had a 2004 Acura TL.  Nice car. 

And a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.  I should have kept it.

And a 1997 Nissan Maxima.

And a 1998 Caddillac El Dorado Touring Coupe.  I really wanted to keep this one.

The hardest part of having more than two cars is maintanence.  You have trouble even making sure to drive each of them. Early on I drove a different car nearly each day.  But with a couple of promotions at work I wound up driving a lot more and I always had paperwork to take to this office or that office depending on the day.  Dragging files from one car to the next was a chore.  So it went to a different car each week.  That even was a pain.  Kind of led to the decision to dump some of them.

And washing them.  My god.

Then I joined Club Sportiva.  Pay a fee to join and you can reserve and drive any of their cars.  And, man do they have cars for you!  Lamborghinis, Porsche, Jaguars, Ferrari, Noble, Bentley, Tesla....

What do you want?  And you can put your fee toward a "share" on an exotic.  Want to own a 1/10 share of a Audi R8?  And drive it 1/10th's of the days in a year?  You got it. 

http://www.clubsportiva.com/

So like I said I got sick.  Too sick to drive for awhile.  A couple of years.

Now I'm tring to get better.  So my next car.  The car that fits me.  The car that fits my antique switchblade collection.  Smooth.  Sleek  Fast.  Beautiful.  Sexy.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe.  Morning Frost.

So what do you drive?   What do you want to drive??  What car fits your knife collection???

Views: 1652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I drive a 2012 Ford Focus, I go for mileage now days, I put on 60 miles a day minimum. Gas in Chicago is over $4.19 a gallon. Money saved, more knives!

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab/4x4. 5.7 Hemi. Gas is 4.19/gal for 89 octane here too. I am averaging 10.5 mi/gal, but I live 5 miles from work.

$4.19 regular 87 octane. not sure what 89 octane would cost.

I drove everywhere when I lived in Canada and America. Since moving to the UK I gave-up owning a car and driving. It is very expensive here and, despite the criticism of the public transportation system, relatively easy to manage without one. I walk to work, cycle around town, and take the train to London for days out etc. On occasion I take a taxi when necessary. As a result of the money saved, I can indulge my collecting and wine habits.  

My wife and I drive a 2010 Chevy HHR. Sporty, LOTS of storage and we regularly get 35mpg on the hwy.

I think our show cars best match the knife collection....since they are antique 1969 olds 442, and 1970 gto with judge package.

I drive one of these on a daily basis..86 white monte ss,86 black monte ss, 8o cutlass calais; or my baby the 84 TA.

http://www.cardomain.com/usernew/garage/

all but the black monte is pictured there!

Cars are disposable, your Harley is in your DNA.

Robert Burris said:

Thanks Frank for posting here. I have been waiting for my buddy , Lee, to come back to us and post some fun things about our hobbies. Come back, Lee! We are here for you. Thanks again, Frank, we are all buddies, here.

What's bigger than a Fiat ..... a Puggle !!!

1.4 litres of "raw" power .. 5-speed gearbox .. short wheelbase ..

Drives like a little go-cart    ...AND...   gets 37 mpg doing it.
Supposedly .. if I baby it (no fun) .. I'll get low 40's for mpg.

I'm having fun instead !!!

I only get a few minutes to check in here about once every two weeks on average--a good place to relax a little.  Full time Vet Clinic, Clerk of Session, just got a wood stove into my metal shop (wrought iron), caring for father (WWII Normandy B-24 Pathfinder) I usually just collapse.  An absolutely wonderful wife (still my Sweetheart after 42 years) just to survive.   My next project is to sell my jeep scrambler--it's kinda special--then I plan to build my 56 Dodge this summer.  Church choir, knives, cars, and a little (very little) guitar pickin' to squeeze into about 4.5 hours per week for things not earth-shaking critical.  I owe a story about WA State geological extravaganzas too--Jan & Steve encouraged.  Now you know my life story at present.  I have to get someone show me how to get a phone picture to the computer so I can see the jeep--only money to build the Dodge.  I want a 318 poly stroker in front of a 64 727 with the rear pump and cables to my pushbuttons.  Just a cruiser but a sleeper!  And I want to design build some knife display cabinets--maybe my next project after I do a few for the little woman.  What are we supposed to be talking about here?  I got to answering your question and got off track--is that BiPolar or Autistic--maybe a little of both with senility settin' in.  LOL (I see this a lot and it seems to mean something a little different each time.)  Maybe it's the bluegrass in my headphones.  See ya' Buddy--goin' to the outdoor section now.

I hear you Frank, its getting harder to get much done the older I get and less time to do the things I like, which is to be here to help folks. Every so often life does get in the way. I used to run jeeps all the time CJ5, CJ7 and then my all time favorite my Grand Wagoneer. Yep that thing still smoked after the valve job, but leather seats and one comfortable ride.(added a leaf) Good luck on the scrambler!

Its all perspective and the dog comes out on top! heck they both get good mileage!

D ale said:

What's bigger than a Fiat ..... a Puggle !!!

1.4 litres of "raw" power .. 5-speed gearbox .. short wheelbase ..

Drives like a little go-cart    ...AND...   gets 37 mpg doing it.
Supposedly .. if I baby it (no fun) .. I'll get low 40's for mpg.

I'm having fun instead !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service