Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Has anyone ever seen the BOX for a Johnny Carver?

I have the knife and the original, uncarved wooden boat, but no box. 

I would love to see the original box, or hear about it. 

Views: 399

Replies to This Discussion

OK, wither I have never seen the knife or dont know it by this name?  Someone post a pics for me please?

Might have to ask Sue. She posted a comment about the set, at one time.

Case called it the "Little John Carver".  The knife is a 220024SP at 3" closed length.

I have only ever seen one complete set, with the original two-piece cardboard box and the acetate sleeve.  That was in the late 1970's.

Case made these from mid 1958 to mid 1961.  They also sold the jack knife separately as a standard product knife, so there is no way to tell if any particular knife was actually part of the set. I have seen and owned several of the knives - for some reason none have had a pattern number stamped.

The knife itself listed for $2.40 back then - the set was $3.00.

It was introduced and discontinued in between catalogs so it was never shown in a catalog, only in the price lists.

I would LOVE to have a color photo of the complete set with box for the second edition of my book, but that may just be an impossible dream.

I attached a photo of the knife, not sure its showing up as I have never attached a photo out here before.

Attachments:

Guys you may appreciate that one showed up here!!!!

http://iknifecollector.com/photo/little-john-carver-a-rare-case-xx-...

Folks- Just to get a little perspective on how rare the Little John Carver set is-- Last book price I saw for the knife and the wood block was $1500 from about 15 years ago-- With the almost non-existent cardboard boxes for them, I can only guess-$$$$$$- BTW, all the existing inventory of wood blocks and sleeves were destroyed around 1972-- Hopefully, there is a collector somewhere that has them.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Deb Bowers commented on Deb Bowers's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted a status
"I'm new to this and open to suggestions! All knives are unused, clean, no chips or cracks."
6 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted photos
6 hours ago
Deb Bowers posted a status
"Hi! I have about 300 knives I'd like to sell. Does anyone have suggestions on how to start? May I share pictures here?"
7 hours ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Deb Bowers
yesterday
Deb Bowers is now a member of iKnife Collector
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
Jan Carter posted a status
Wednesday
Ellis H. Roberson commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Wednesday
J.J. Smith III replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 10

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service