Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The RussLock (1953L) debuted in the 2000 Case Catalog, and was quickly a favorite among collectors with its unique style and beauty. This pattern features a liner lock mechanism, along with a gimped lever for convenient one-hand opening. The liner lock was Case's answer for a high tech knife. Designed by late Case Master Knifemaker, Tommy Hart (1930 - 1999), the sleek body style of the RussLock was inspired by the Jack Knife (028), a pattern that has been retired for over 40 years. The pattern was named after Case founder, J. Russell "Russ" Case. The pattern number (1953L) is a tribute to the year Russ Case passed away.

Let's talk about the Case RussLock.

I've been looking at them lately. I always thought it was a curious knife. I haven't been attracted to them, but I find myself looking at them from time to time. The "lever" sticking out never looked quite right to me, but I find it interesting. The pattern, like it says above. is a mix of old and new. There are videos on the internet just for how to open the thing! LOL!

Some have likened the open RussLock to a Pterodactyl head! LOL!

Do you have any? Do you like it? I can't see myself ever carrying one, but I could see myself having one or two and sitting and playing with it. LOL!

Tags: Case, RussLock

Views: 1052

Replies to This Discussion

I have one.  It resides in my display case as an oddity.

It's a cool concept, but it just doesn't work well for me.

I have five that are all Drop Points.

I have heard that if you're looking for one to carry and open one handed you'll want one from the first few years they were made in the beginning cause they used micrometers to set the gap. So the blades were smoother operating.

Yeah, I'm thinking too about getting one sometime as something different and to play with. Some guys seem to love the things. 

Drop Points

All those look great Max, but I really like those green bones!

Just got the Case Collectors Club Forum Knife for 2013 , Russlock Dynasty Jigging and XXpresso Bone. But I also have to have the Yeller

Wow, that's a beauty Max! 

I really need to get a RussLock sometime.

The RussLock looks pretty cool in G-10

If I get one it'll probably be a Amber bone or Rough Black.....maybe.........could be..........I don't know

Arrived Today!

That's really nice Cesar. Is this your first RussLock?

There's guys over on the Case Collectors Club that mainly collect RussLocks. I DO need to get one sometime!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service