Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

It just arrived today.

Absolutely fantastic condition,  Serial numbers on the blade and the scabbard match; about 95% original bluing on the scabbard; blade remains shiny with no indication of polishing to clean throughout the years.  I did some very superficial cleaning and then gave it a nice coating of some nice renaissance wax.  When I am able to get some decent photos (hopefully tomorrow), I will share those.

If the bayonet bug bites you, resistance is futile.   Lol.

It just starts with one....  next thing you know you are staring at the wall of a cabinet trying to figure out the best way to display the 12+ bayonets that somehow have found their way into your stewardship.

Views: 165

Replies to This Discussion

Ha! Amen brother...sing it loud!!!

"Give you a song?  No, I can't do that...   My singing days are past.

My voice is cracked, my throats worn out, and my lungs are going fast."

(from : The Face on the Barroom Floor - D'Arcy)

I have posted a couple of new photos, montages really of the Chilean Mauser Bayonet (1895).

LINK 1

LINK 2

It was manufactured in Germany; is a low series (B), which indicates an early production - which matches the manufacture time frame of the rifle (late 1895).  This is in absolutely beautiful condition, and the edge has never been sharpened.  A co-worker is suspecting that at least the bayonet and perhaps the rifle may have been part of the honor guard to be in such incredible condition.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service