Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Ok so you need a thread lock thumb bob, or how about some bronze bushings?

You say you broke the tip off a perfectly good damascus blade?

Where do you order and is it a good source for you to recommend to fellow members?

Tags: repair, supplies/knife

Views: 842

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tracks of The Wolf is a good company to buy traditional gun and knife parts or completed stuff. Sorry you'll have to search, I don't have their web address.

Dale,

You are so right...Sorry I should have mentioned to our folks on here that the Knife repair and Mod group not only has some good resources listed but they are ALWAYS willing to help if you have questions when you are doing a repair or modification.  I have asked several questions of the group myself and the folks in that group are willing to share and give some great advise

Don had a great idea to save all these addresses for the future.

@ Robert .. early on JJ & I both consolidated a bunch of this info over in the Knifeology 101 site .. it just never took off. I consolidated some sources over in the Repair & Mod group .. it is also known to very few.

The organization I mentioned above was performed before some of our current static membership were even members. I'm all for the organization & consolidation of data .. but unless placed prominently & maintained .. I doubt all but the old timers will even be able to find it in a year or so.

Also, I believe Don was being  facetious ........  i.e. "... much like a makers index. we all know how handy that is !! "

Robert Burris said:

Don had a great idea to save all these addresses for the future.

Hello Everyone,

I think a list of quality suppliers is a great idea. It would be a useful source for all who need knife parts, kits, etc. I know it would be a list I would refer to on a regular basis. A lot of the suppliers that have been recommend I am familiar with and there are others I have never heard of.  I will suggested suppliers as I come across and only suppliers that meet my high standards.

I also think  a list of knife stores would be a good idea in addition to knife parts stores.  Two lists not a combined list. If a knife store list is already in place I would like to add some sellers to it.  Maybe it cold be a sub-folder in Knifeology 101. How does a member add a supplier to Knifeology 101?

I'm not a regular or daily participant on this forum, but I do enjoy the time I am online here. Everyone I have met is very friendly and make my time on this forum fun.

Thank you Everyone,

John 

"How does a member add a supplier to Knifeology 101?"

John,

Being that it's not directly tied to iKC, you'd need to actually "join" the Knifeology site.  Then you can add links as you wish.  If you're not in a joining mood, just let me or Dale know what you'd like to have added.

JJ

Hello JJ,

I joined. Thanks for your offer to add suppliers for me. It's people like you that make this forum "Awesome"

Do we have a place here on iknife where we can keep a list of suppliers of parts and knives. If we do, I would like to check it out. Also, do we have a tutorial section were we can see someone do repairs or building a knife from scratch?

Thanks again,

John

That's what iKC is all about, John.

I don't see your info there yet, though it could be a Yahoo thing. There is no one place to be able to archive a list of suppliers, (as well as other useful information) here atNING, that's why Dale and I created Knifeology.

I, personally, cant access videos, but I'm sure that there are some makers, as well as the Knife Repair and Modification Group that can guide you in the right direction.

Exactly .. "That's what iKC is all about" .. ya have a quest .. just ask .. someone here will step up to the plate & offer assistance EVERY time !!!

iKC = good info good people great community !!!!

J.J. Smith III said:

That's what iKC is all about, John.

John .. check out this thread .. and most of us that contributed to that thread are still around .. so if you've questions .. just ask !!!!!

john6553 said:

Also, do we have a tutorial section were we can see someone do repairs or building a knife from scratch?

Thanks again,

John

D ale, good to see you back, we can get some good things done with a little help from our friends.
@ Robert ...... THANKS !!!

Robert Burris said:
D ale, good to see you back, we can get some good things done with a little help from our friends.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
22 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
22 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
yesterday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
yesterday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
yesterday
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Apr 13
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John