Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi,

I'm new to the iKC.

I am trying to find information on a Puma Game Warden knife I have. The model is a 973 stainless with 2 blades, one standard locking blade and one Gutting or grallocking blade.  The is a number stamped on the standard blade which is 65773. I purchased the knife around the early part of the 1970's when I started stalking but have never used the knife.  Any info or value would be helpfull.

Thanks.

Views: 1164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alan- A little info- the 65773 is a date code which indicates your knife was made in the 3rd quarter of 1977. The Game Warden series was one of the most popular knives made by Puma, but the 973 is one of the rarer versions with the gutting blade and is highly collectible.  The price is dependent on condition and also if you have the original yellow and green box and the paperwork. Some pictures would be helpful in determining value. I have seen  these sell for $125 up to $375 recently depending on condition and of course, whether you have the original box and paperwork.

Hi John,

Many thanks.

As I will not be stalking again I will probably sell the knife.

I don't think I have the paperwork but I may still have the plastic box somewhere.

I'll try and add apicture.

Alan Frith said:

Hi John,

Many thanks.

As I will not be stalking again I will probably sell the knife.

I don't think I have the paperwork but I may still have the plastic box somewhere.

Attachments:

Hi John,

Just been chatting to a friend of mine and he tells me he has a Puma he won at a rifle shoot in the mid 80's.

It Is a fixed blade knife with a black sheaf, a grallocking blade, a bone saw both of which open from the handle.

The cheeks are Stag antler and it is in the yellow and green plastic box with all the paper work.

He is going to check the number stamped on it in the morning, but lookin on the classic knives web site , the only knife I can match it with is a Puma 3591 Wiadmesser.  Will update when I have the details.

Cheers.

Alan- It certainly sounds like a Puma 3591 Gamekeeper knife- However, they also had a corkscrew blade in the handle. If you can get some more info, model #, blade etch if any, 5 gigit date code, or some decent photos, or any or all of the above I will be more than happy to help.-- BTW, strangely, although it is by your info a newer knife, if it is a Gamekeeper they tend to sell for more than your knife.- Update any info you can get, and I will help further.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service