Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I was hired to repair, well that might not be the right word.. lets say build a Camillus US Military Pilots Survival Knife. My customer Allen gave me a Camillus blade and guard and asked me to put it together, It will be a gift for a friend of his.

This company went out of business in 2007 so I did some research and was able to find the drawings for the parts I need to make, the pommel and Case.

This is what he gave me, I took a picture of it on top of one of the drawings I found online:

Views: 8146

Replies to This Discussion

... and 1/8" (0.125") for the thickness on those washers.

The edges on mine taper to 0.108 in spots .. good honest use .. :)

Thank you Dale ! I love the camo backdrop! I'll keep you posted with progress.

Best!

I ordered 1 pound of manganese dioxide on e-bay and got the phosphoric acid from Home depot and a crock pot from walmart

Do me a favor, Dan -- Don't invite me over for dinner!

Ha Ha!

Sounds like you've got a plan in mind. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Good luck, my friend!

Bead blasted with glass the blade and guard getting it ready for the coating,

That looks great, Dan!

??? WHY ???

Looks Great !!!

I'm REALLY interested in how the finish / coating turns out .. it'll be nice to have an alternative to the ferric chloride !!

I soldered on the guard, the spring keeps it tight against the blade while soldering, I use silver solder.

After cleanup, I am happy. Put the wire hanger on ready for the tank.

Another view

Soldering will help keep guard on and reduce moisture from leaching into the leather handle.

Daniel,

The progress on this is just fantastic!  Thanks so much for showing us as you go

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service