Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I recently purchased a Case Bradford PA pre 1920 6592. I haven't been able to find any information on it. Were would I go to find more information?

Views: 382

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan-Welcome to IKC !! Wow-what an old gem of a knife !! From what I can see of the tang stamps in your photos, your knife was made circa 1914-1920. The Case Bradford PA stamp was used from 1905-1920 and the Case XX Tested stamp was used from 1914-1920. The knife is green bone and they did not make a lot of these 92 pattern premium stock knives with 5 blades.I have no idea what you paid for your knife, but these can sell in the $2500-$4000 range depending on condition !!. Your knife seems to have very full blades and no handle cracks.Hopefully the knife still has nice opening and closing on all the blades.From what I can tell everything appears to be authentic, but old rare Case knives are often counterfeited due to their high dollar value.My advice is to spend $25 and go here-   http://knife-expert.com/appr-k.htm

Bernard Levine is a world renowned knife expert and appraiser who literally wrote the book on knife values.He can provide you with a Certificate of Authenticity, an appraisal, and even provide you with potential buyers if you want to sell it.Just be sure to send several hi-quality photos of the knife and all the tang stamps and shield. It is indeed a rare & valuable knife.

Wow I new we had something special. I had no idea it was that special. My friend Jon bought it for $8.00 at an estate sale.

Dan- You only paid $8 for this gem ??Holy crap Batman !! That's the kind of knife deal that us knife collectors dream of !! Once again, I advise you to talk to Bernard Levine, if for no other reason than the Certificate of Authenticity and appraisal. If you decide to sell it or insure it, Mr. Levine's word is the Gold Standard in this field.

I will be contacting Mr Levine today. Thank you for the help on this. My friend Jon and I go to estate sales almost every Thursday and the first thing we look for are knives. Jon probably averages buying 1 a week. Most of them are under $20 but this one was just so different I new it was special.

Thanks again

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to Jason Bowman's discussion Grinding in the group Bladesmithing, forging and knifemaking
21 hours ago
Kevin D commented on Dennis Hibar's photo
21 hours ago
Dennis Hibar posted a photo
23 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to Jan Carter's discussion RAPALA in the group Research & Resources
Sunday
Kevin D replied to Jan Carter's discussion RAPALA in the group Research & Resources
Saturday
John Kellogg commented on Kevin D's photo
Saturday
Kevin D replied to Jan Carter's discussion RAPALA in the group Research & Resources
Saturday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Friday
Friday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy commented on dead_left_knife_guy's photo
Friday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to Doug Ritter's discussion Knife Rights Sues Minnesota over Unconstitutional Switchblade Ban
Friday
Oct 2

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Dennis Hibar's discussion A new iKC calendar and a new year of knives!
Oct 1

KnifeMaker
Doug Ritter posted discussions
Oct 1
Dennis Hibar replied to Dennis Hibar's discussion A new iKC calendar and a new year of knives!
Oct 1
DB commented on Scott King's group Vintage American Knives
Sep 30

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service