Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Been thinking of changing the direction of my collection. Someone said: sell off some knives to make room for new ones. I like all my knives but I could sell some. Wondering what direction to take. 

Any thoughts on the subject?

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree - I am just not sure what I am hunting for right now. I got off on fixed blades and have about 15 of them now - all I want. I guess the only thing I am sure I am going to hunt for right now is a Big Buck this fall.

Michael-dead on with the zen comment-knives are to me a good expression of zen.

Ken-I,m with you on Bucks-I'm getting very interested in them,especially the 110 and 112 folders.

I meant a deer Buck, but I like 110's and 112's to, mine are not for sale.

The Buck 110's and 112's are very collectable and great users as well. You have to love a pattern that has been around that long and is still hugely popular!

Ken Spielvogel said:

I meant a deer Buck, but I like 110's and 112's to, mine are not for sale.

Had 95 knives picked out that I would sell. Been looking them over and keep saying to myself "I'm not selling that one" - thats been happening alot until I got to thinking "why am I selling any of them? I like them all". Confusing.

My email address is: jabarb@frontiernet.net. Thank you very much. Jeff.

Andrew Cutler said:

Yeah,I guess for me it's the thrill of the hunt and once that's over,I move on to another obsession!!!

Jeff, thanks for your interest but I am having second thoughts about selling any of my knives. So I am on hold for now.

Ken, that's how I am, I decide to sell a knife, then I start liking it all over again. Then I decide not to sell it. I have one knife I put up then changed my mind 3 times, so for. I may never sell it.

I displayed some of my vintage knives at a gun store and some people wanted to buy them. I had to tell them they were only on display and not for sale.

That's ok ken I understand, but if you ever do decide you want too , you know where I'm!,besides I do the same thing. It's ok stay in touch ....

Robert Burris said:

Ken, that's how I am, I decide to sell a knife, then I start liking it all over again. Then I decide not to sell it. I have one knife I put up then changed my mind 3 times, so for. I may never sell it.

I displayed some of my vintage knives at a gun store and some people wanted to buy them. I had to tell them they were only on display and not for sale.

It's how it goes. I've sold a few and regretted it later on. Especially when it became discontinued.

Guess I'd never be able the sell any of mine. If I have a knife in hand, it will be caressed. Lol.

Brad T. said:

Ken,

You know the knives that you always "fondle" when you're looking them over? Those are the keepers, everything thing else is for sale. 

Be realistic with your expectations concerning value, you rarely get what you expect.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service