Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I want some input please.

I am looking at elephant toenails and I am considering Case, K-BAR and Bull Dog. I understand Bull Dog is made in Germany and maybe someone can comment as to the quality of this knife company. I am uncertain on the other two as well and I want something of qood quality and will last. My intention is to use this knife.

Thanks

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I collect mostly Bulldog an Fight'n Rooster an GEC but got a Great Eastern off e-bay for a user an it will sharpen up like a razor an stay that way!! little heavy in the pocket so I use a snap down belt sheath. An as far as quality of German made sunfish they are right at the top!

Nothing yet..ordered last week on Thursday

Well my knife finnaly arrived. I ordered a Northfield sunfish # 36 with a crimson grizzly handle. The knife  appears to be of good quality and heavy duty and well built. I am not dissapointed at all. The last time I ordered a knife from someplace which I wont mention here, I wasn't overly thrilled with what I received. This knife seems like it be be a great work knife though it seems too pretty to use.

It also doesn't appear to be difficult to open and has a tight fit and seems to reasonably secure in place when open. Both blades seem razor sharp out of the box. My big concern now is how this bone handle will hold up when / if dropped. I also hope this company offers great customer service in the event I should ever need a repair. I will more than likely order another knife from this company.  I give this a two thumbs up. This is a good knife and I am happy with what I have.

donald i ordered one to from great eastern we all know if you want top quality knife to pass on that will last they are the place to go i've herd nothing but great things from this company.case has been sliping in q.c.
Actually as much as I hate to mention names my last knife was from a company called Canal Street Cutlery. Please don't get me wrong I like the knife, but I do not think it's as nice as this sunfish.
By the way I keep meaning to ask everyone. I normally use 3-In-One oil on my knives. What does everyone else use and suggest?

Donald,

I am so pleased that you were able to give them 2 thumbs up.  I will tell you that the customer service is excellent.  If you have any issues just call them, talk with Chris and she will get you taken care of.  They have a great reputation for pride in not only their product but also their service.  By the way, the biggest problem I have ever had with a GEC, is finding one that is not to pretty to use.

Donald Rourke said:

Well my knife finnaly arrived. I ordered a Northfield sunfish # 36 with a crimson grizzly handle. The knife  appears to be of good quality and heavy duty and well built. I am not dissapointed at all. The last time I ordered a knife from someplace which I wont mention here, I wasn't overly thrilled with what I received. This knife seems like it be be a great work knife though it seems too pretty to use.

It also doesn't appear to be difficult to open and has a tight fit and seems to reasonably secure in place when open. Both blades seem razor sharp out of the box. My big concern now is how this bone handle will hold up when / if dropped. I also hope this company offers great customer service in the event I should ever need a repair. I will more than likely order another knife from this company.  I give this a two thumbs up. This is a good knife and I am happy with what I have.

Donnie uses Rem oil made by remington arms.

Donald Rourke said:
By the way I keep meaning to ask everyone. I normally use 3-In-One oil on my knives. What does everyone else use and suggest?
rem oil for the user .. ren wax for storage

Well Donald, did you get the new knife and what do you think of it, good buddy?

I sale 5 to 10 Great Easterns weekly and a GEC is the only knife I carry. I have customers that buy there first Great Easterns call me all the time to Thank me for the knife or to even order more but I am yet to have one person call me and and say they don't like the product. Or regret buying one. Not once. I am so glad to here about your recent purchase and how pleased you are with the quality.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
22 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
22 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
yesterday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
yesterday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
yesterday
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Apr 13
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John