Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I love an old knife. A Knife that I like to carry,
has to feel like it fits, in the scheme of things, its been somewhere, it has a
story to tell. My imagination at times runs wild. Yet as I carry the knife, one
that fits my hand, my pocket, my needs, I am also making history, if that knife
could talk, it would talk of others and also of me. A knife to me is like a
diamond to a woman, I treasure it. I care for it, keep it oiled, keep it clean.
So when it talks again, it will talk of fond memories, like I have of it

Views: 951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BRAVO Michael!! What a FANTASTIC STORY! Love to see more from others.

Here is a pic of the Knife

Ken Spielvogel said:

An 8 year old boys brother who was 10 years older than he, gave a very special gift once. The brother came home from the Navy in 1956 on leave and brought his younger brother a 4 blade Imperial knife. The boy was so excited he cut himself with it that very day. His Mother took it away for awhile, and in about a year gave it back. The boy carried it proudly and loved that knife. One day in the 5th grade the teacher had the students do handstands, while the boy was attempting his turn, you guessed it, the knife fell out of his pocket. The teacher took it away. The boys Mother went to the school and got it back. The boy again carried it proudly thru many years. Today, that very knife is in the boys collection and one of his prized knives. Not because of the value of it, but because of the great story it tells and in memory of the one who gave it.          That 8 year old boy was me.          -Ken "The Talking Knives"

Talking knives.....a lot better than listening to the voices in my head! LOL! Good stories!

I love this discussion!!!  I am very proud to know folks that care about the story the knife has to tell, and are willing to share it

Its getting scary. Today when I looked into my EDC box, I said to myself, I am not going to take that knife today. I looked at my nice Case Trapper, a nice Camillus #72, my First Knife-the Imperial Camper, my favorite Buck 301 and that old KaBar kept calling to me take me take me take me. With no control, my hand went to that old knife and into the pocket and out to the farm it went. I paid $11 for that old knife and it may easily be my favorite knife. That strong snap, and sharp blade and old wood handle just keeps calling and calling. Its getting kinda spooky. I don't even know what pattern it is. Its not really my style, type, and I'd rather have more than 1 blade. I just can't control myself.

Ken,

I feel ya'. I've been doing the same thing recently with a Schrade 896K.

Are any Knives talking to you today??

I am in the process of posting pics of the knives I bought at SMKW.  Each one of them reminds me of the pleasure I got out of my trip.

IXL George Wostenholm, Sheffield, Eng.     This knife has been calling to me for a few days now. It is my only Sheffield, and it has a broken secondary blade. The main blade has a very strong snap and is very sharp. If it could talk, it would tell me it started in England, made by one of the greatest Cutleries in the world.

Did it come over to be distributed by a U.S. Knife distributor? Who first bought it? Was it ever resold and why and to whom? How did the secondary blade get broken? This knife would tell me it was taken good care of as shown by the main blade, the broken blade must have been an accident and made its owner very sad. Where has this knife been, what has it done?  So many questions - this knife would love to tell me. "If Old Knives could talk.....".

People talk to their Dogs, why not to their knives who have even a greater story to tell.

When my knife bites me I have a few choice words to say to it!

Today I am carrying an old knife. Does anyone know how old? I know it is before 1930. It is a Wallkill, Walden, NY knife. I would sure love to hear its story. "If only Knives could Talk".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service