Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If money was no object for a rich uncle of yours and you could get any knife you wanted, what would you ask him for this Christmas?

Tags: Christmas, Present, knife

Views: 2891

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure if this can be considered a knife but For those that can't read the Mei, it's from Kiyohisa. 3 years waiting time due to his busy schedule and it finally arrived just in time for christmas. So far I'm off to the total sum by 1/4'th. iKC please help me make my christmas golden ;)

Oh yeah, these are HRC 66-68, tempered at 180 degrees in the midnight sun (important to match the color of the flame since it's zero mechanical instruments and pine fueled forge which bestows the highly sought after black oxide on the back).

Beat that you western knife nuts!

Ah, there we have another person led astray by mr. Murray. Please John, take my advice and run your kitchen knife purchase through me (not a sale but I can help you choose, even though I run a sword polishing shop so I guess I can polish a Honyaki if you get that).

Murray has a bad tempering on his BS, he calls it super blue steel but it's simply a mix between BS#1 and BS#2 to make it last longer (BS#2 is less pure and lowers the hardness, good for some tasks but crap if you don't forge and temper it properly)

I say this with the expection that you are a serious fan of Murray, but have you ever heard of Shigefusa? Heiji? Aritsugu? Those are the three biggest sellers of kitchen cutlery in Japan, and the first two are ones who stands leaps and bounds above anything in comparison.

Instead of a set, get one really useful knife like a Shigefusa Santoku. They are brought out to a level that will have you jump in surprise and they also use only the best of the best along with the Shigefusa "family" with their heavy roots in sword forging also knows how to get the very best out of the steel, and they can handle pretty much everything besides Tougou-Reigou (which only two men in the world can, properly that is)

As a sword polisher, a collector of all cutlery crafts, a martial artist and a professional sharpener of pretty much anything besides Japanese saws, I have a serious gripe about Murray. He sells his wares for a price that is too high for the process it went through (if he had sold a Shigefusa level knife he would charge $2000-2500).

On the other hand, you might be a maker and be very set in your ways. I've tried and failed to persuade only to get yelled at. Oh well, if you get pissed it's on me.

John Edward knives said:

Marry Christmas....Santa please bring me a Murry Carter Custom-made International Pro series set...Gyuto, and hand-forged neck knife.

This is a great question and Derek I would love to see one of those never mind owning one. On another forum the same type of question was asked and I said an old WW2 Italian Dagger. I still would love one of those but if money was not an issue I would have to go with the Lincoln knife made by J WARD Bronxville NY

Attachments:

To keep my Christmas from being blue. Any Toothpick will do. Be it red or purple, orange or green. If I find one in my stocking, a smile will be seen. Wrapped in paper or plastic, box or even sack. I'll know that this Christmas was without  any lack. If these words that I say aren't really clear. Merry Christmas to all and have a Happy New Year! :-)

I'd want a carbon fiber scaled/titanium lined Buck 110 with an S30v blade!

Attachments:

right now i would love a very awesome but very affodable RANDY HAAS folder. i want a knife by him so bad!!!

thank you so much!-pete

randy haas can be found on facebok and is well worh a looking!

Hi. theres A Lot Of nice Knives out there, Some worth thousands Of Dollars. Not Sure way They Are Any Better Than What I Make, I Put The Same Work And Pride Into Mine. In A Word i guess Im Just happy With The first Knife that I Made and still Have. Thanks

Attachments:

hi me email is peteforce@gmail.com i would be very interested in seeing your works. thank you so much-pete

Dennis ( Fuzzy } F Radle said:

Hi. theres A Lot Of nice Knives out there, Some worth thousands Of Dollars. Not Sure way They Are Any Better Than What I Make, I Put The Same Work And Pride Into Mine. In A Word i guess Im Just happy With The first Knife that I Made and still Have. Thanks

i love a AWESOME TOENAIL!! i love MOP. MARBLES is so sweet!! YEAH THIS WOULD BE AN AWESOME KNIFE TO FIND ANYWHERE!!!

Dale said:

Argh .. I've never even seen one of these .. not in real life.

Scott King said:

The pearl MSA (Marbles) Elephant Toenail, of course!!

LIKE!!!!

Rob Gregg said:

To keep my Christmas from being blue. Any Toothpick will do. Be it red or purple, orange or green. If I find one in my stocking, a smile will be seen. Wrapped in paper or plastic, box or even sack. I'll know that this Christmas was without  any lack. If these words that I say aren't really clear. Merry Christmas to all and have a Happy New Year! :-)

Mint Case Tested 61093. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Ag Russell take on the traditional Stockman

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
7 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
8 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service