Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Are you addicted to flashlights? Or just want to know what we mean when we say lumins cells and bezels. then join this group now!

Tags: Flashlight, forum

Views: 4455

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Steve Hanner on October 24, 2013

Alexander how about an update..just curious maybe you could shed some light on how it works?

Alexander Noot said:

Well, today I finally uploaded a new set of programs on my flashlight. It works pretty well. There's a lot of options as to what you can do with it. But like I said it's all pretty limited to programming skills.

So what I do is just use someone else's programming and upload that on to my flashlight.

It works pretty well, took a little bit of setting up but once it was done uploading a new program was as easy as anything.

Reply by Alexander Noot on October 25, 2013

Well Steve, here's how it worked for me.

You install a driver for the device and then you hook it up to your computer.

There's some software to install on the PC before you can do anything. Once that's done you can either

• Mess around with the programming code itself (not so easy...I was hoping to be able to do that but my programming skills aren't up to snuff)
  • Download someone else's code and just install that.

Once that's done your flashlight has been reprogrammed. It's not all that hard and there are a bunch of tutorials you can follow.

The one I have installed now allows me to adjust both blinking frequency of the strobe and brightness of the light just by changing the angle of the flashlight (in relation to the ground) while holding the button.

It's kind of cool really. If it's too bright I just hold the button and point it a little more down to change brightness and after that I'm good to go.

Comment by Jack Haskins, Jr. on June 26, 2014

I'm no collector but I've become aware of how valuable a good EDC light can be.  I've gone through about 5 lights in the past 3 years and the Fenix LD01 is the best EDC light I've tried.  It is perfect for me.  No frills.  Just 3 brightnesses easily changed with a twist head. However disaster struck the other day and I couldn't find it for 3 days.  It was panic time. lol  So I started shopping the internet for a replacement.  I also got suggestions on the Spyderco forum.  I'm glad to say I found my light but I was already addicted to getting another one.  Since I now have my ole faithful back I am going to get another EDC size but with a little more umph.  I've settled (for now) on the EagleTac D25C mini.  One CR123A battery with a turbo brightness of 349 lumens (209 OTF).  EagleTac seems to make very nice lights at prices a bit less expensive than some of the others.  So with the EagleTac D25C mini Iwill have two things.  A backup for if I loose my LD01 again and also I'll have a brighter light.  It's not a brightness whopper but what I've found since carrying the Fenix LD01 (single AAA battery) I seldom need a light that it doesn't do the job.  Keep in mind I don't get into the woods any more or anything like that.

The EagleTac will give me 3 lights I like.  The Fenix LD01, Olight E11 (single CR123)  and then the new one. Not quite a collector yet. lol

Comment by Steve Hanner on February 25, 2014

Accidentally found your way into a flashlight collection? Join our group! Post a few pics of what you have and let's for sure see what's old and classic as well as new and vibrant!

Comment by John R Snyder on February 23, 2014

Thanks Ron and Steve... I have been collecting old flashlights for a long time... I kind of got hooked because I found one which had light 3 different metals in the making and it was a thing of beauty... In that picture all the ones inside on top row are Winchester.. I do not have any newer ones in the display.. I keep them all about and use them everyday...The newest light I have is a Hybridlight and I am kind of taken with it being solar and also a position to use the battery... john

Comment by Steve Hanner on February 23, 2014 

John welcome! That is an amazing collection!

Comment by Ron Cooper on February 23, 2014

Step on anyone? Heck, I think you just became the new Flashlight God!

After looking at the picture you just posted, I bow down trembling before you!

OMG!!!

You have some amazing torches in that hutch! Are all of those incandescent? Do you have any of the new technology, LED's in there?

Whoa! Sorry for all the questions. I'm just blown away by that photograph. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Glad to have you aboard, John!

Hello All... I am new to this site and don't really know much how it works yet... just thought I would put up a picture of some of my collection... Hope that I am not stepping on anyone here... hope to become part of the flashlight gang ... John

Interesting to hear! I have installed LED. Lights at key locations on buildings, the brightness is great just hope they hold up. As I was looking I find I am a bigger flash light collector than I thought! But with the way we lose power around here you can understand why!

Comment by James Cole on February 23, 2014

Maglite does make their signature line of torches in LED as well as incandescent.  They have been around for a long time because they make a great product.  Not putting down any other maker  I've only had one Maglite failure and that was caused from a leaking battery.  And yes LEDs do fail.  I just had 176 LEDs installed in my facility, three were DOA and another failed the second day. 

That's the truth and they have gotten quite smart as well. Just for old times sake however I have several of these, this one being in pretty good condition:

The main reason most folks liked them was the adjustable light beam and the weight created by the sleeve of D batteries. Not real efficient but if used as a club, quite effective!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service